A Hybrid for Brian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hybrid for Brian.

Went to the Springfield Car Show and Swap Meet in Springfield Ohio today and there was also an International Harvester Nationals Truck show too. This was sitting inside the main display hall and I searched for about an hour trying to find someone who could tell me about it, to no avail. ..... Anybody here ever seen one of these? It looked like the front axle was still hooked up like normal to the transfercase and the rear shaft went back to the input for the rear tractor section.... I suppose it would take some getting used to, what with all those levers in the cab....Sheesh....
    Last edited by oldsman496; September 8, 2012, 07:06 PM.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

My guess is was a built by some one and not the factory. Cool looking truck...er I mean tractor.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Wow... Saw the levers... Saw the rear... Hmmmm ok. I'll try...
      Main shifter on the tractoe,
      Hi/lo range
      Pto hi/lo..and in/out
      Couple are steer brakes
      One is clutch on tractor part (for shifting implements?)
      Raise and lower 3-point..
      That it?

Comment

Cooool.

You can put the tractor back-end in neutral, throw it in front-wheel-drive and cruise back to the barn at highway speed. Ingenious.
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

The rig was built at the owners home.... just enlarged another pic and was able to read the sign on the front of the cab.... shoulda done that first I suppose.
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
          X