BS'er lost his truck tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS'er lost his truck tonight

my fellow photog friend Kevin Blalock whos had photos featured on the site and registered member from San Antonio was driving his truck when he heard a POP and then smoke started coming in the cab, truck is a loss, had LOTS and LOTS of new parts on it

sucks for his loss but he got it pulled over and out of the truck just before the flames got into the cab, no idea what happened

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

he is not alone in fuel mystery.
    that is interesting finale, sorry for his loss.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That is EXACTLY why I'm putting a battery cut-off and a fire extinguisher in the cab of my truck. Or two.

Not that either of those coulda stopped things once they get going...
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Hey, is an engine block salvageable after a fire like that?
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

wasted tbi hose ? looks like an 87 ..12 psi will flow

Comment

sorry for his loss that sucks alot!!
            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

it was carbed

Comment

sucks ..time to shop for a new one

Comment

Not too surprised at the damage... Get that plastic stuff started, it is almost impossible to get out!
                  I have started bumper plastic on fire with the torch and dumped a 5 gallon bucket of water on it and it still kept burning...
                  Sucks big time it was somebody's ride!

Tony, maybe, but probably not... Heated pretty high.. Got water dumped on it.. Thus unlikely any good.. Might be someone who has "done it"... Never heard of it..

Comment

Man does that suck. Glad nobody was hurt though. Nothing like watching your own car burn to the ground....

Comment

Damn.

That just hurts to look at. He didn't get burned trying to put it out I hope?
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

no, i think he got away from it as fast as he could

Comment

Ok guys... in the interests of everyone here... time to brainstorm:

What could have caused this?

What steps could have been taken after it started to STOP it?

Comment

Condolences to a fellow BS'er.... Hoping your insurance is good.

I'll place a wager that the pop was a puddle of fuel going off.... I had a mechanical Mr. ........ Brand fuel pump break at the fulcrum point and it put a tear in the output fuel line - and continued to sorta pump after the break..... It made a LOUD pop when the fuel lit off. Fortunately i coasted to a stop directly across the street from a vendor selling flowers and he had several 5 gallon buckets of water! I popped the hood (burnt my hand) and we put out the flames.... Lucky.

but that's my bet for cause and effect. If the hoses are burnt through good luck proving a cause....
                            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Definitely a PIA. Sorry to hear that. Been there and done that with my 70 bug. I went around a jug handle, the car started to run like crap. I looked out the back widow and saw thick brown smoke, I bailed !
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X