Winter is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is coming

I have always hated winter with a passion. I live in michigan and I hate shoveling snow and dark cold nights.

But, for the first time ever, im actually excited about it. Im soooo sick of warm weather and I can't wait to wear jeans and a sweatshirt again. Plus I miss off roading in the snow (we didnt have much last year).

So Im sure ill eat these words, but I want fall and winter to come this year.

Plus, now that Ive gotten into shooting and have a good indoor range close by, I have something to do when its cold.

How bout you guys?

Not looking forward to it at all. Last winter back my hands got so beat up from either doing battery installs or wiper blades it was crazy, they cracked in the middle and it looked like i had the stigmata going on with both of my hands.
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

It sure is, suppose to be under 100 for at least the next week...... It's years like this why I live in Phoenix, we had a real mild summer this year, lots of rain.......
      Last edited by TC; September 9, 2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

If its like last Winter I won't bitch too much.

Comment

I live in the U.P. If its mild like last year, then I am ok with it. If its like some of the previous years, I wish I could teleport my shop to Florida. The Husky loves the snow, my cars sit all season and I can barely move. I am never looking forward to snow, more like under pressure to get a million things done before the snow comes again.

You can have all the snow and cool weather from up here.

Comment

About 21 years ago I moved to the west coast of Florida to escape the winters and all the snow and just plain cold weather after working out in it for way to long building homes.

Now each day is about the same temperatures between 85 and 92 with bright sunshine and it we can any rain it happens everyday between 3:30PM and around 5:PM for about 30 minutes and the sun pops back out.

I like living in paradise better then living up north any day.

Jimbo

Comment

There wasn't enought snow or time to ride the snowmobiles last year. I did find a indoor drag strip for slot cars last year. I had heard about it for a few years but decided to go with a few friends this year. They let me borrow a car and have at it. This thread just reminded me that I wanted to build my own for this winter. I haven't been able to decide what kind I wanted, thats probably why everyone has at least a few of them.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                About 21 years ago I moved to the west coast of Florida to escape the winters and all the snow and just plain cold weather after working out in it for way to long building homes.

Now each day is about the same temperatures between 85 and 92 with bright sunshine and it we can any rain it happens everyday between 3:30PM and around 5:PM for about 30 minutes and the sun pops back out.

I like living in paradise better then living up north any day.

Jimbo
                IMO Paradise is not humid and doesn't have bugs, snakes, or alligators.

we had 50 days of no rain, it's raining now - and yep, I did kind of miss it but now I'm over it... I need sun.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  IMO Paradise is not humid and doesn't have bugs, snakes, or alligators.

we had 50 days of no rain, it's raining now - and yep, I did kind of miss it but now I'm over it... I need sun.
                  You forgot to mention Hurricanes!
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I like winter, as accepting a challenge anyway.

it is creeping up on my mind to just leave this place eventually.
                    as a biggest contrast I won't encounter again.

an interesting thing this year, as history goes... the height of sun cycle brings some very cold snaps.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Im always flat broke from September 1 to November 30, because I have to buy propane, pack in the firewood, and thrash to get cars done enough so they arent clogging the shop or needing work when there is 4' of snow on the ground with below zero temps. I hate working under cars that time of year.

I lived in Charleston SC for 5 years, that was enough. I dont want to go back. It isnt the heat or humidity, or the rain every afternoon. Its the drivers and people wanting to break in and steal my shit. Also other than food and gas its cheap up here, I like the remoteness of it, and the ability to do whatever I want and not be hassled about it by some authority or jerks trying to make money at my expense.

Comment

I think that in most parts of the country, you can do whatever you want if you get far enough away from the big city. I'm in a rural area outside of town, no hassles here about anything I do.

I had to wear my jacket yesterday, my wife took me up to the White Mountains for a Prowler cruise. It was a bit chilly in the morning in Springerville. 8000 ft elevation
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm staying here. Beautiful surroundings (different from mountains, which are pretty too, for sure) and pretty mild climate. I often say that we didn't move here for the Summers or the Winters but for the Springs and Falls, which last for months. So we're just entering one of my favorite Wilmington times of the years.

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; September 10, 2012, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I am looking forward to winter...70s and 80s. Great driving weather.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Living up here in New England I prefer September - November 200x more than May - August. I also don't mind the winter itself (although showelling does get a bit old sometimes) because I couldn't go skiing without it and I don't understand how people in Florida and other warm climates celebrate Christmas properly without any snow

Also.... In the summer when it gets to hot, you can only take off so much clothes when you're trying to cool down, before you get arrested. It also takes forever to cool off once you heat up

In the winter you can just put a jacket on (which I only do about 4 times each winter) and be warmed up in two minutes

Another plus about winter, is that it forces downtime to work on the toys and you don't have to feel like you're missing anything (cruises, shows, racing, etc) while you're doing it
                              1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
                              2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
                              2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Working...
                              X