2012 Drag Week live feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a week and we're not done yet.

Here's the deal for today. Weather is looking wet, wet, and wet. The good news is that the people who run Tulsa Raceway Park are frigging awesome and have no curfew. What does that mean? It means that we are going to start this race at midnight if we have to. The thought process is that calling the thing and running it tomorrow will not work for lots of guys who have to head home and were planning to leave in the am, so even if we get it going super late, people can still leave on schedule.

I have visions of Larson and Lutz hammering on their stuff in the wee hours of the night tonight.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Nothing like Mother Nature adding to the drama of Drag Week! Looks like Tulsa will be getting wet all morning.

Looks like temps will be in the mid-60s. Should make for some good times if it gets dry.
      Tampa, FL

Comment

We loaded our lawn chairs and umbrellas and will head for Tulsa in about an hour.........wouldn't miss it!
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'm crying here at my desk. This has possibilities of being a real (fast) shoot out... OHHHHHH I wish I could be there...

Anyone (anyone) attending please post any updates - often?
          Jim T
          Supercar Collectibles
          www.Supercar1.com

Comment

How is the weather?
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

raining, postponed till tomorrow, last I saw on fb
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Hoping to start around noon (CDT) tomorrow........weather will determine for sure.
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 14, 2012, 07:02 PM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

track is being prepped right now. zero rain. should be racing soon and the live feed is a go!

Comment

Jeff and Doc just won their classes.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

The live feed, just a few minutes of class runs then the DD eliminator. hopefully the awards presentation after that

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm watching. Kinda fun to watch it happen live. I've been watching the recording after I get home from work all week.
                        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Round one Daily Driver Eliminations are starting now -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

All done - rained out after one round
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Who won unlimited?
                              Jim T
                              Supercar Collectibles
                              www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                                Looks like I need to go to the track this weekend and break that time......

Can't have the Buick guy with a documented time faster than mine....
                                Build your car, build your engine, tune your engine, row your own gears, drive it 1300+ miles to an event, then come and talk smack. You haven't gone past writing checks. Oh heck, bring your Camaro (either of them, as I know my John Deere out runs one of them), and I'll line up with you.

I'm officially out of fuel pump capacity, that is what is currently limiting my car's performance. It's leaning out big time above 4500rpm despite having the injectors open longer and longer with each tune change. Guess I'll have to step up to an aftermarket pump now. Then it'll just be the suspension and driver.

Oh yeah, aftermarket axles, or whole rear end is in my near future.
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X