MINI BIKES ANYONE?? lets see yours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINI BIKES ANYONE?? lets see yours...

Here are a few pix of my Sensation Mini Chopper. I restored it a few years ago but it had wear showing from many fun rides and one unintentional wheelie mishap due to my fat ass. So here it is redone again this time in its original color.
    Attached Files

cool! I have been looking for a used one that wont break the bank...ha! like finding hens teeth.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      cool! I have been looking for a used one that wont break the bank...ha! like finding hens teeth.
      Better off buying a little 50, Honda makes a good one.. Used ones tend to be abused.. Good ones can be found.. New is around $12-1500 .. Payment plan is swingable ..

Comment

Go Devil
        Click image for larger version

Name:	46CADO7QYVCA47NF7DCANF2RJFCAKOI1XGCAAIGNHPCAFLG0MNCABD0LL9CASV189FCAP8QCV2CAVZCO1TCA335O9FCALI1K.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	864063This was something my Mom got us back in the 70s. She was helping distribute them not sure how well that went. It was fun to ride although not "cool" and it folded up pretty small.
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Better off buying a little 50, Honda makes a good one.. Used ones tend to be abused.. Good ones can be found.. New is around $12-1500 .. Payment plan is swingable ..
          Dont want a dirt bike wanna be...just an old mini-bike...12-15 bills is breaking the bank big guy, I am thinking like 100-200 bucks...just found a frame today on CL for 25 bucks...I think I may pick it up.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            Dont want a dirt bike wanna be...just an old mini-bike...12-15 bills is breaking the bank big guy, I am thinking like 100-200 bucks...just found a frame today on CL for 25 bucks...I think I may pick it up.
            Gotcha! Word of advice.. Keep the adults off it.

Check out "Comet" for drives...

Comment

I just want to put something together that me and my little one can put together and he can putt around on...

The engines at harbor freight are aroud 120 bucks, and my local ACE carries a bunch of parts...I will check out comet thanks!

Comment

The green one is my wife's that she had as a kid.

And Santa brought our oldest a chrome one when he was seven. My buddy has one just like it from when he was a kid too.
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

My Rupp Continental with Benelli Wheels!

DUMBJUNK-COLLECTION-0398 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

DUMBJUNK-COLLECTION-0397 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

DUMBJUNK-COLLECTION-0396 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr

A bunch more here...

Time Wasters...
                  http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	864080"Separated at Birth" They're both 1972 Models, I bought the Gold one brand new in 72, it was my Pit Bike back then and it's serving that same duty again 40 years later.
                    Last edited by Grumpy; September 12, 2012, 06:46 AM.
                    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I snapped these at a car show this past weekend. Enjoy!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Redid this early prototype large frame 1960's Rupp for my kids.

5hp Tecumpseh with torque converter. I picked it up complete for for less than the cost of the converter alone. I stripped it to bare metal, fixed the broken neck and wheel bearings, repainted, welded on the fender and seat brackets, added a kickstand, and went through the motor. It is reliable, safe, fast, and tons of fun now.

...zooom...zooom!

Beginning...

Middle...

End...
                        Last edited by Top_notch; September 13, 2012, 06:47 AM.

Comment

uh, this thread is killing me. Payday is Friday, if I can swing it I am going to see if that frame is stil for sale.

PIcture this, Black frame, chrome moon eyes gas tank, a 6hp motor. chrome rims, mini ape handle bars, a banana style seat with black sides and a red rolled seat area with that vinyl that has the flake in it...big chrome sissy bar...just need to figure out how to make some of those "easy rider captain america pipes for it...

just found this...could be promising...wouldnt be able to eat for the rest of the month but...hey, mini-bike

Last edited by JOES66FURY; September 12, 2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Just finished rebuilding this for my wife. It was hers from back in the 60's. I spent wayyyyyyyyy more than it is worth to do but what the heck happy wife happy life. Ha Ha

Name:	SAM_1040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	864083
                            Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

I got pretty geeked up about this Kawasaki 75 in the pits:

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X