Awesome Robotic Dog! Almost Freaky..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Robotic Dog! Almost Freaky..

Boston Dynamics just released a new video of the Big Dog on ice and snow, and also demoing its walking gait.

Wow huh?

Re: Awesome Robotic Dog! Almost Freaky..

That is wild. Sounds like a swarm of angry bees.
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Seen the demo in person, that is an amazing improvement over Honda's Asmo or whatever he's called. Those guys have really come up with some awesome stuff with the DARPA money though that can't be said about all of the DARPA projects.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

But can he fetch beer?

Comment

i do not like it one bit. not one bit. even the most cold hearted of killers in nature still have feelings for life but a bor has none. you've seen what spammers do to a forum....imagine the carnage they could do with that tech when it "evolves". I don't like it

Comment

Very interesting. Might be more appropriate to call it a mule than a dog though, as it appears to be designed to carry a good sized payload over tough terrain.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Its a logistics support unit for foot infantry, its ment to carry a lot of the heavy crap we are loading up onto our soldiers as we bring more tech to the field.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Loving the comments:

"now they just need to build a bigger one that can carry troops, one with a big head on the front that can shoot lasers at rebel scum."
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Anybody find it just a little unnerving?

Comment

Just hope they keep them task orientented, Keep te learning curve in check to.

Comment

Can anyone say judgment day. ;) :o

Next thing you know we're going to have imperial walkers. ;D

Comment

Cool robotics accomplisment.

My aging dog just had surgery yesterday to remove some breast cancer (she's going to be fine)... but I got a little upset with that guy for kicking that "dog" > and felt bad for it when it was stumbling on the ice .
                        I realize that's completely irrational, as they were showing how well the "dog" could recover it's balance in multiple situations...

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621
                          Just hope they keep them task orientented, Keep te learning curve in check to.
                          and whatever they do, don't let them connect to Skynet or become self-aware!!
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu
                            Cool robotics accomplisment.

My aging dog just had surgery yesterday to remove some breast cancer (she's going to be fine)... but I got a little upset with that guy for kicking that "dog" > and felt bad for it when it was stumbling on the ice .
                            I realize that's completely irrational, as they were showing how well the "dog" could recover it's balance in multiple situations...
                            I also couldn't believe how it compensated for the kick / shove it got . just like a horse . Only without a head!

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
                              Anybody find it just a little unnerving?
                              yep.
                              HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X