NASCAR Layoffs - guess the end of the world is coming after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR Layoffs - guess the end of the world is coming after all

According to CharloetteObserver.com, NASCAR Productions laid off about 15 percent of its Charlotte-based workforce this week in a restructuring of the unit.

32 of 180 jobs were eliminated, and the story reported that some of those employees will remain into the fall as the final leg of the NASCAR Sprint Cup races are run.

“In the last few months we’ve undergone an analysis of our business in Charlotte, particularly on the production side, and it became clear we wanted to redirect our efforts toward NASCAR only,” Steve Herbst, vice president of broadcasting and production said in to the Charlotte Observer.
    Last edited by BOOOGHAR; September 11, 2012, 03:17 PM.
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

So.....NASCAR type camera/media people are out of work? Is that what that means? I don't know what NASCAR Productions is.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

They might be laying off ,but I just checked the NASCAR website and they are hiring for other jobs, seems to be quite a few in media and or broadcasting still listed also. Maybe they need to update the website, maybe they can transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        So.....NASCAR type camera/media people are out of work? Is that what that means? I don't know what NASCAR Productions is.
        Maybe we will get less of those stupid nascar shows on Speed and more programming thats actually watchable.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          Maybe we will get less of those stupid nascar shows on Speed and more programming thats actually watchable.
          Amen.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by scott liggett View Post
            maybe we will get less of those stupid nascar shows on speed and more programming thats actually watchable.
            times two!
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I wonder if it is due to having the same car with different stickers on them going in a circle for a couple hours.

Comment

A lot of those three year sponsorship deals are coming due
                Tony Stewart lost office depot

Comment

EFI kills jobs at NASCAR!! The humanity!!
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

James Finch, a 20-year-plus veteran NASCAR team owner, who this year has been fielding #51 Chevrolets for Kurt Busch, says unless there is a big change in economics in this sport "I'll have to hang it up at the end of this season." Finch says the new 2013 NASCAR stockers will obsolete his entire fleet of race cars. "I'll have to throw everything away," Finch says. Finch has no major sponsor this season, and his hauler here is painted stark black. He used Hendrick engineering, at a price of course, and he leased Hendrick engines, at a price too of course

Comment

NASCAR Productions is the division in Charlotte set up to do all the in-house television and video programming, and was slated to take over the NASCAR.com website from the contractor that was operating it.

This division has had a bumpy time and has already been reorganized a few times, so I wouldn't read too much into the layoffs in regard to the overall health of the NASCAR and ISM. For that, I would be looking at the attendance, which is clearly falling.
                      Serious gearhead? Visit----> Mac's Motor City Garage.com

Comment

because it is BORING
                        Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                          because it is BORING
                          How could watching cars go in a circle in 100 degree heat while throwing chicken wings at the fence be boring?

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                            because it is BORING
                            A former short track driver and Nascar fan you have it right. Lost are the days where car builders could built stock cars from stock sheet metal and make them run 200 mph, lost is the creativity of skirting the rule book. Smokey Yunick, Ray Fox, Cotton Owens, Junior Johnson and many who made the sport interesting wouldn't be allowed to even attend a race by Nascar today. Too much money(cost to go racing) and Brian France(too stupid to see) will be the demise of Nascar.
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                              How could watching cars go in a circle in 100 degree heat while throwing chicken wings at the fence be boring?

theres the problem, i bought nachos, instead of chicken wings....
                              Charles

Comment

Working...
                              X