No announcement yet.

NASCAR Layoffs - guess the end of the world is coming after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had many a great day in the seats at the nascar track , hanging out with the old timers ..cheering on old #3
    dumping that disposable income ..guess what ? nobody has the money for fun and games like that

I take it you guys think the NFL or Baseball games , golf tournaments and track meets are boring too

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      had many a great day in the seats at the nascar track , hanging out with the old timers ..cheering on old #3
      dumping that disposable income ..guess what ? nobody has the money for fun and games like that

I take it you guys think the NFL or Baseball games , golf tournaments and track meets are boring too
      You're right, I do think NFL and Baseball games are boring because they herd you like cattle into little seats and that's all you get. Golf and track are a little better, you get to wander around.

None of those comes close to spectating at say, an ECTA or SCTA event (Ohio Mile, Bonneville, El Mirage) or even an NHRA race where you get to do more than just sit in your crowded seat.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

never fallen asleep at a NFL game, or a baseball game. i did however dose off at the Coke 600 in texas, and #3 was on the track that day too.

2 seconds of kick ass angry engine sounds, then they were gone.... then it was back for 2 seconds, then gone again. YAWN. best part of the whole day was the blue hair lady in front of us, sitting so proper with her hands folded in her lap... except when the 3 car was exactly in front of us. she would put her arms up and yell. funniest damn thing in the world.....

pro football- blah
        pro baseball- blah

high school and college is where it is at for those sports. would rather watch my 8th grade son return a kick off any day. no joke.
        Charles

Comment

the only reason I fell asleep at a race . I WAS WASTED
          and doing all nighters from nyc to boston ..yeah for a girl

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            How could watching cars go in a circle in 100 degree heat while throwing chicken wings at the fence be boring?
            Because no one throws them back?
            Maybe the drivers should be doing the throwing next race...
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

James Finch, a 20-year-plus veteran NASCAR team owner, who this year has been fielding #51 Chevrolets for Kurt Busch, says unless there is a big change in economics in this sport "I'll have to hang it up at the end of this season." Finch says the new 2013 NASCAR stockers will obsolete his entire fleet of race cars. "I'll have to throw everything away," Finch says. Finch has no major sponsor this season, and his hauler here is painted stark black. He used Hendrick engineering, at a price of course, and he leased Hendrick engines, at a price too of course
              Hired Kurt Busch, still can't land title sponsor. Huh.
              Serious gearhead? Visit----> Mac's Motor City Garage.com

Comment

there are not many sponsors

Comment

I feel bad for the people that are losing their job.... and here's the but - when they went to personalities, not cars, they lost the backbone of their sport. Or, put another way, I've yet to hear a female say "I want to watch the NASCAR soaps today." And guys who like the soap opera, well, they're a very small portion of the population (not that being in a minority is wrong, mind you )
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

almost every victory is by over a second now ..that is the crime of it all

Comment

almost every victory is by over a second now ..that is the crime of it all
                      I think that may be selective memory. Back in King Petty's day, it was lucky to have more than three cars on the lead lap. One race Pearson won by six laps over second place. Not too exciting.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

there were close ones too
                        ..I am thinking modern era
                        some great battles

Comment

indra dopped the bomb
                          : #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. won't have Diet Mountain Dew as a sponsor for as many races in 2013 as he did in 2012, but he's not worried about Hendrick Motorsports finding sponsors for those races. NASCAR's most popular driver will have sponsorship from the Army National Guard for 20 races next year and Diet Mountain Dew for an unspecified number. Mountain Dew sponsored 16 races this year while another Pepsi product, Amp, sponsored four. The National Guard had 18 races this year. Earnhardt is not worried about having an unsponsored car at Hendrick. The organization has had Hendrickcars.com on Kasey Kahne's car for select races this year when it didn't sell sponsorships. "We have more demand than we have supply pretty much," Earnhardt said. "We've got a majority of the season with the Guard and Diet Mountain Dew is going to back off a little bit and that makes it a bit of a challenge to fill that small of a gap. If it were a bit larger gap, it would be easier to fill."

Comment

Bass Pro Shops is expected to be a co-primary sponsor for #14-Tony Stewart's NASCAR Sprint Cup effort next season. Office Depot, which supported Stewart since the inception of Stewart-Haas Racing in 2009, will withdraw its sponsorship at the end of the season. The company was the primary on 22 of the 38 NASCAR Cup races this season. Mobil 1, which was a co-primary with Office Depot this season, will continue in that role in 2013. Bass Pro Shops has enjoyed a long relationship with NASCAR. The outdoors company sponsored Martin Truex Jr. in a limited run at Dale Earnhardt Inc. when the driver won his first Nationwide Series title in 2004. The company took over as a full primary the following year and graduated with Truex to the Sprint Cup Series for his first full season in 2006. When DEI merged with Ganassi Racing prior to the 2009 season, Bass Pro Shops accompanied Truex and then remained with the team with Jamie McMurray when he returned to Ganassi in 2010 and has been with McMurray since.

Comment

Working...
                            X