No announcement yet.

School Lunches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only time I ate the school's lunch was when they had pizza or grilled cheese sandwiches. I usually brown bagged it and it was the same every day: bologna sandwich on WHITE bread with mustard, bag of Fritos and a Scooter Pie (same as a Moon Pie). If a kid brought that to school today their parents would be sent to federal prison on child abuse charges. The funny thing is when I was in grade school (1970's) I remember only 3 or 4 fat kids in the entire school.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

That's because y'all went out and played, like normal kids. Not anymore.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
        The only time I ate the school's lunch was when they had pizza or grilled cheese sandwiches. I usually brown bagged it and it was the same every day: bologna sandwich on WHITE bread with mustard, bag of Fritos and a Scooter Pie (same as a Moon Pie). If a kid brought that to school today their parents would be sent to federal prison on child abuse charges. The funny thing is when I was in grade school (1970's) I remember only 3 or 4 fat kids in the entire school.
        That's because we had to take part in P.E. Most overprotecting mothers get doctors notes for their fat kids. We also had recess where we went outside, unless it was raining or a blizzard. Now they stay inside so no kid gets a knee scrape.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          That's because we had to take part in P.E. Most overprotecting mothers get doctors notes for their fat kids. We also had recess where we went outside, unless it was raining or a blizzard. Now they stay inside so no kid gets a knee scrape.
          Too many parental kidnapping by the non-custodial parent.
          Whiney kids, mama's boys and girls...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Too many parental kidnapping by the non-custodial parent.
            Whiney kids, mama's boys and girls...
            Have you seen schools lately? They have fences like state prisons. Not sure how a parent can get on the play ground without being noticed.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              Have you seen schools lately? They have fences like state prisons. Not sure how a parent can get on the play ground without being noticed.
              Not up here, Maybe inner city up in Portland, wide open spaces, green lawns, same in Salem, the capitol...

Comment

I work in a school system. I avoid them at all cost unless I'm totally broke and desperate. a 7-11 sandwich is gourmet.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I miss the fiestada. A kinda octagonal pizza looking thing that would eat a hole in the aluminum foil under it, then the box it was in. The soy burgers were edible if you drowned them in condiments.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Its been 25 years since I ate school lunch. The thing that annoyed me was cheese pizza or mac n cheese EVERY Friday, not just during lent or whatever. When I wrestled from November 1 to Feb 15 I hardly ate anyway. No idea what my kid was eating, but she said it was ok.

Now chow hall food... back in the 80s and 90s it was acceptable, but from 2000 to 05, it was pretty damn good. $1.45 for a huge breakfast, and $2.50 for a lunch that stuffed you. The only bad military food I had was in Kuwait, I guess the TCNs didnt know how to cook because they had never seen so much food before.
                    Last edited by Thumpin455; September 16, 2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X