Phoenix people I need help/favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix people I need help/favor

My son needs help replacing the intake gasket on his 02 grand prix 3800 v6 NOT supercharged. It is leaking oil, he also said it has a coolant leak that we believe is the heater hose fitting o ring. They just moved there this summer & don't have alot of $$$ if you can help or know of someone please message me, it would be appreciated
    "You want to lay the fate of the world on the kid's Camaro?
    Ok that's cool"

Agent Simmons, from the Transformers movie

PM TC, he may be able to point you to a reputable mechanic in the area
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

what part of phoenix ? ive got a number of guys in the tempe/scottsdale area that own and work at general auto repair shops off the 101 and 202
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

plenum gasket and throttle body is pretty easy

Comment

Not to rain on your parade but he likely will need an intake manifold, too. They are notorious for failing in the coolant passage area. Dorman (an aftermarket company) makes a replacement that's cheaper and more durable than the factory unit. But he might get lucky and his could be OK.

Dan

Comment

yea it's easy, but book time calls for like 4 some hours
            "You want to lay the fate of the world on the kid's Camaro?
            Ok that's cool"

Agent Simmons, from the Transformers movie

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Not to rain on your parade but he likely will need an intake manifold, too. They are notorious for failing in the coolant passage area. Dorman (an aftermarket company) makes a replacement that's cheaper and more durable than the factory unit. But he might get lucky and his could be OK.

Dan
              no GM sells a plenum gasket that eliminates the need to change the plenum

I have had them come back with blown motors ..fried rod bearings ..sucking coolant
              Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; September 14, 2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by big dreamer racing View Post
                yea it's easy, but book time calls for like 4 some hours
                2.7 if you are lucky

Comment

Working...
                X