Simple winter time poll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple winter time poll.

Just wondering if anyone wants to follow along on the Pit of Despair 71 Mustang project. The GTO is almost done, so the Mustang is next up. Its going to be a quick thrash to get it running, and then shipped off to a friend or sold if I can get my money back out of it. You can also shout out suggestions that dont include scrapping it or making a 4x4 out of it.

Most of the rust repair has been done, but it still needs about 300 hours of metal work before I can start painting. Then suspension, interior, engine and trans. Still havent decided if I will use the 4V Cleveland or not. Might do something silly with it. No idea yet.

This is what it looked like before I started.

How it looks now after not touching it since 07.

Yes, show us the insantiy.
    86.96%
    No, you are annoying.
    4.35%
    A Mustang? Really? Put down the bong and step back slowly.
    4.35%
    A bag of wallnuts and cashews on a skateboard.
    4.35%

Solid body, mostly straight.... dang man, we expect rust - after your last build I figured you start with air and make it into a car.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 15, 2012, 10:27 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Geez, now I'm really depressed. If that mustang still needs 300 hrs of bodywork; my shit box must need a 1000.

But, sure show us how it's done on a Furd.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yes please. I'm a huge fan of these cars. Would love to see something silly with the Clevo.
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

I say "Go for it, Todd!". For you, 300 hours is like a week, right? It should be worth a pile more if the body is more or less straight, given that most folks fear bodywork.

Dan

Comment

Its straight now.... Already have about 400 hours in it. Most of that was sandblasting and cutting...

Comment

I am tired of this thing taking up shop space, because its parts are all over and the car itself needs to be in the shop every winter. Summer time it goes into the big shed, but then winter is has to take up workspace. I want it done and gone... unless someone wants to buy it as is

Comment

Heck yeah! Show us the insanity. I love watching your projects.

Comment

Well there are more pics in the project area if you want to peruse them.

Comment

very strong looking chassis.

that a-pillar is as big as all four of subaru pillars combined.

I think those are ugly, until learning the steel. Good steel is ok to be ugly.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The 71-73 fastbacks are my favorite body style. I'd love to see what you do with it.

Comment

Probably easier to get body parts? Looking forward to the build!
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I love that skylight masquerading as a back window.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

i'd like to kow who the assclown was that voted youre annoying..must be skullbucket.
                            Last edited by JOES66FURY; September 17, 2012, 11:59 AM.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Todd - I know a guy looking for one of these but not sure the timing is right.

If you're going to sell it - I would put an inexpensive small block in it - don't waste a Cleveland on something you're going to sell.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X