So What Would You Do??......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What Would You Do??......

You go to a big chain department store, like Lowe's, WalMart, etc.... and you buy a whole bunch of stuff, pay for it, load it up into your car and drive home and then a few days later when going over your receipt you realize they didn't charge for an item that was over $100..... So what would you do??, take it back and tell them they forgot to charge for the item, or do you just chalk it up to every once and a while a dog gets thrown a bone.......

I take it back. btdt
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'd go back and pay for it. No finders keepers here.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Not taking it back and paying for it is THEFT
        58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

I had a similiar situation where I bought a BBQ from Lowes as I recall. It was in the box, they picked it up, took it to the counter so I could pay and they loaded it into my truck. I drive home 50 miles up the mountain and assemble the thing and it turns out it was not the model I had selected. After 3 hours of assembly I was not about to disassemble it, load it and drive back down the mountain another 50 miles. If I was close to them I would have returned it but I was not about to disassemble the bbq (it would not fit inside my camper shell assembled) and make another 100 mile round trip. It was a better model than I had selected and has some nice features (like a smoker) but i'll never use those and I have kept it.
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

When I see a penny on the ground, I turn it face up and leave it on the ground so the next person gets good luck.

Its my way of helping out my Karma which seems to be paying me back for being an apparent a$$hole &rick in a previous life....

I would go pay for it.
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Karma.

The feeling I'd get knowing I went back and paid for it would be a much better feeling than if I "got away" without paying for it.

That's me, now that I'm older and wiser. 20 years ago, I would have treated it like a lotto winning.

Comment

with how much i have been screwed int he last few years i would just keep it and chalk it up to karma finally paying me back with some good luck

but that is what i would do in the situation that and home depot is a good 30 minute drive
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

things get given over mistakes all the time.

Just keep the darn thing.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

You already know what your supposed to do. And yes I have been on the benefiting end of a $100 dollar mistake before, bank teller had a couple bills stick together. It did take me a weekend to take it back so.......not judging you.....yet.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                      ...So what would you do...
                      By just asking the question, speaks to your character.
                      Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

I only bring this up to see what others will do, not that something like this happened to me lately....... Though I have had stuff like this happen in the past, on one occasion they didn't charge for a garbage disposal, I went back into the store to the customer service counter and told them the checker didn't charge me for the disposal and that I wouldn't have a warranty because of it, they fired the checker right in front of me, I felt bad, as it was a little old lady that probably needed the job....... I can understand that the checker needs to be more responsible, but it was really heart breaking to know I caused someone to lose their job..... As for places like Home Depot I've caught them leaving stuff off the bill a few times, usually small stuff, but I spend thousands of dollars there a month, so a little kick back every once and a while seems ok with me......... I call it the stupidity tax, if your dumb enough to not charge me for something and I don't catch it, then don't expect me to come back when I do.... Normally I watch as they ring stuff up and point stuff out if they miss it........

As for Karma, put it this way it's bad luck for a Black Cat to cross my path, as I've ran over 3 of them so far in my life..........

Comment

As for Karma, put it this way it's bad luck for a Black Cat to cross my path, as I've ran over 3 of them so far in my life..........
                          Not to split hairs, but the black cat thing is a silly superstition.

Running over animals... sometimes it can be safely avoided, sometimes it can't . I'm not judging.

Karma is not so much a superstition, it's more of a "what comes around goes around" or "you reap what you sow" thing.

Comment

Karma has no deadline
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

You go to a big chain department store, like Lowe's, WalMart, etc.... and you buy a whole bunch of stuff, pay for it, load it up into your car and drive home and then a few days later when going over your receipt you realize they didn't charge for an item that was over $100..... So what would you do??, take it back and tell them they forgot to charge for the item, or do you just chalk it up to every once and a while a dog gets thrown a bone.......
                              I'd go back and ask, if I don't pay you for it, is it still under warantee?
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                              X