• Show
Clear All

nice truck
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Good score. And with some character.
      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Wow. That made me dbl take. Rippin cool truck.

Steve
        Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
          the one pete got has the over under headlights, previous years and a square single headlight 80-82 or somethin like that, previous 73-79 had round headlights, 90-92 era had the smaller square headlights side by side, ALSO the hoods lips were different in that same time, there were 2 different hoods
          Close enough. I don't want to derail this thread too much going over all the changes throughout the years.
          I've got a pretty good grasp on the differences ... I was trying to say that the average person doesn't.

Comment

Even the above average person sometimes doesn't. Starting in the 80s, single/dual headlights were often a matter of which model it was, cheapies had two headlights, more expensive versions (silverado) had 4
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

nice rig, would not mind having one of those myself.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Awesome trucks, Mom's company back in the late 70's bought a 78 one ton 4wd with granny four speed, unstoppable it seemed, even with just a 350. That one looks really clean for the age, more pics?
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Drool.
                  Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Any plans for this? Or are you just going to cruise/use it?
                    I LOVED my '95 350 TBI truck, but always hated how gutless it was for the fuel it used.

Just a small cam and a GOOD tuning will make a night and day difference!
                    The main issue is the speed density system is so fussy with changes to intake vacuum signal (like swapping the cam)
                    There are a couple of ways to work through this.
                    You can build an ALDL cable and datalog with winALDL. (hell you should do that anyway...its FREE!) http://winaldl.joby.se/
                    Then you can send your data logs to Brian at http://www.tbichips.com/ to have a new PROM burned. With some effort you can get pretty close. (My truck ran GOOD until 4000rpm, but I'll cover that in a minute)

The better option is embedded lockers from http://www.dynamicefi.com/
                    With this you will truly control the whole system and can tune on the fly and use a wideband! Its not cheap, ($400)but there have been group buys and used ones pop up from time to time.

The other issue is low fuel pressure. TBI systems run on 11-13 psi and there is nothing wrong with that. The issue is the injectors run out of pulse width early and your hopped up TBI motor will run out of fuel just as the fun really starts. (4000rpm)
                    The solution is very simple. A factory replacement Fbody TPI should bolt right to your fuel pickup and after making your TBI fuel pressure regulator adjustable, give a nice 17psi. With the higher pressure, the injector pulse width can be reduced across the board and give you more "room" at the higher RPM's.

This is a good "budget" small block TBI build.

This is a higher budget, but still simple, big block TBI build.
                    Last edited by andy30thz; September 17, 2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

double pumper
                      Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; September 17, 2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Congrats, nice score!
                        I'm still learning

Comment

Nice one owner cars and trucks are awesome..nice score!!.Personally i would have got some 33 inch tires on Mickey Thompson wheels..but thats me.

Comment

Those trucks need 40s to look right
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks for all the great comments. I don't plan on any mechanical projects as everything seems to be in good working order. And I don't really feel the need to tear into a good running 350 to make it marginally better. I think I'll focus on cleaning it up well and maybe sprucing up the interior a bit more. Maybe as far as swapping in a late model interior. There's plenty of daydreaming to be had on the 67-72chevy trucks forum. I think the shortened crew cabs (cut 14" of frame out and swap on a 6' bed) look great, but don't really think I'll go there.

Here's a project thread with more pictures: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...e-Ton-Crew-Cab
                              Last edited by 67pete300; September 17, 2012, 06:48 PM.
                              1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I bought my 77 chevy flat bed dualie with a flat cam.. Put in a Blue Racer/Wolverine RV2 cam, Performer intake and 600 Holley, and headers.. Really woke it up.. 16 mpg.. Could keep up with and beat big blocks.. Power from 800 rpms to 5000... That little 350 was a real worker!

Comment

Working...
                                X