X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellomalibu
    replied
    Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
    the one pete got has the over under headlights, previous years and a square single headlight 80-82 or somethin like that, previous 73-79 had round headlights, 90-92 era had the smaller square headlights side by side, ALSO the hoods lips were different in that same time, there were 2 different hoods
    Close enough. I don't want to derail this thread too much going over all the changes throughout the years.
    I've got a pretty good grasp on the differences ... I was trying to say that the average person doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• rightpedal
    replied
    Wow. That made me dbl take. Rippin cool truck.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• cantvalve16
    replied
    Good score. And with some character.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    nice truck

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied
    87/88 cracked 305/350 in the lifter valley , but it wouldn't have lasted 24 years
    nice truck

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    I hate you. Nice score!

Leave a comment:

• ford141
    replied
    Freakin' awesome truck...

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
    It has .... throttle-body injection, .... and I think a PCM somewhere running it all.
    yup, kinda hard to have EFI without the PCM

look near the pass side kick panel, or behind the glovebox, or somewhere around there. There will be a big fat wiring harness going to it. The EFI has never given me or my son any trouble on the 87 V20 suburban I gave him. The distributor did die once, though. No fuel...caused by no ignition signal.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Before long you will wonder how you lived without a crew cab! epic score indeed.

Leave a comment:

• 67pete300
    replied
    Still learning about it. Have to decode all the RPOs in the glovebox yet. But it is a "V30" meaning 4wd one ton. (In 1988 the C/K designation went to the new body style and the older style Suburbans/Jimmys/Crew Cabs became R/V models.) It has hydro-boost brakes, trans cooler, throttle-body injection, lots of emissions stuff (all intact and stock) and I think a PCM somewhere running it all.

It has holes in the roof, dash, and bed where the light bar, CB radio, and tool boxes were removed. It still has a steel frame for the welder tacked into the bed.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
    if im correct and I may be wrong, I thought chevy trucks that were single rear wheel with 8 lug rear were 3/4 ton & duallys were 1 ton
    they made 1 tons both ways for decades....if it's a C30 (or earlier, a 3800, or later, a 3500) it's a one ton. regardless of the number of rear wheels
    Last edited by squirrel; September 16, 2012, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    just noticed petes has hydro boost

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
    Nice!

One of the most interesting thing I've noticed since getting/ driving my 84 C10 long bed... is people have NO CLUE about how to estimate what year it is. Is that a 76? No, it's an 84. Oh... it's in good shape. Thanks, it's been a project.
    the one pete got has the over under headlights, previous years and a square single headlight 80-82 or somethin like that, previous 73-79 had round headlights, 90-92 era had the smaller square headlights side by side, ALSO the hoods lips were different in that same time, there were 2 different hoods

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    Nice find.
    I used to drive those at work, on a runway. plow truck, some had no plow.

I liked it. even a 2wd. simply a cap made it useful all year.

'88 might have the crazy 11 to 1.
    I see the fuel injection label.

not all that common, came in the big ones.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    if im correct and I may be wrong, I thought chevy trucks that were single rear wheel with 8 lug rear were 3/4 ton & duallys were 1 ton

Leave a comment:

Working...
X