No announcement yet.

Just scratched an itch. In a BIG way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a crew cab (3+3) dually here in town that hasn't moved from the owner's driveway in many years... it's turning green, and has stuff growing out of it.

At least it's on a concrete driveway and isn't sitting under a tree. Hopefully someone will get to save it some day.

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
      Thanks for all the great comments. I don't plan on any mechanical projects as everything seems to be in good working order. And I don't really feel the need to tear into a good running 350 to make it marginally better. I think I'll focus on cleaning it up well and maybe sprucing up the interior a bit more. Maybe as far as swapping in a late model interior. There's plenty of daydreaming to be had on the 67-72chevy trucks forum. I think the shortened crew cabs (cut 14" of frame out and swap on a 6' bed) look great, but don't really think I'll go there.

Here's a project thread with more pictures: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...e-Ton-Crew-Cab
      If you use your truck as a truck much I think you will come to appreciate the 8' bed. When I bougth my 1st full size truck I was looking for a short bed but ended up buying a long bed b/c it was very clean. Now when I look at trucks to buy I pass by the short beds. The only down side is the increased turning radius.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I'll second the thing about the bed, an 8' bed sure is nice.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Sounds like you've got a good plan in mind!
          The paint looks like with a little lovin it could actually be pretty nice! How are you with a buffer and compound?

That big old hog is screaming for some kind of 16x10 and 33" tire! Maybe just a hint of lift? We've used ORD 1" zero rate blocks all the way around before. They are the only "block" that is safe to use on the front springs because they bolt to the leaf pack just like another leaf.

I hear you on not tearing into a good running small block! If you're satisfied on how it runs, you're good to go! TBI trucks run a LONG time with minimal maintenance.
          In my experiance, just a cam swap and poor quality tuning was a MAJOR seat of the pants difference.
          A good "torque" style cam, more fuel and good tuning would definitely change the driving dynamic.
          But its not as simple as bolting on parts, this really needs careful planning and understanding of how the TBI system works.

This thing is so awesome as is sits, get some plates on it and ride it around!

Comment

Working...
          X