Just scratched an itch. In a BIG way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scratched an itch. In a BIG way.

Been casually shopping for an old Chevy truck for years. Yesterday everything came together in and instant and this is now sitting in my driveway:

I surely don't need a one-ton crew cab, but this one spoke to me in many of the same ways the Chevelle did when I bought it. Low miles, original owner (kind of), rubber floor mats, steel wheels and hubcaps, minty original condition with good enough paint and a few blemishes.

It was a local municipal welding truck. 1988 (practically new!) Chevy V30 3+3 350/400. I think it pretty much rules. Project thread to follow.

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Epic score.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

black...no AC....I like it!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Nice!

One of the most interesting thing I've noticed since getting/ driving my 84 C10 long bed... is people have NO CLUE about how to estimate what year it is. Is that a 76? No, it's an 84. Oh... it's in good shape. Thanks, it's been a project.

Comment

if im correct and I may be wrong, I thought chevy trucks that were single rear wheel with 8 lug rear were 3/4 ton & duallys were 1 ton
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Nice find.
            I used to drive those at work, on a runway. plow truck, some had no plow.

I liked it. even a 2wd. simply a cap made it useful all year.

'88 might have the crazy 11 to 1.
            I see the fuel injection label.

not all that common, came in the big ones.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
              Nice!

One of the most interesting thing I've noticed since getting/ driving my 84 C10 long bed... is people have NO CLUE about how to estimate what year it is. Is that a 76? No, it's an 84. Oh... it's in good shape. Thanks, it's been a project.
              the one pete got has the over under headlights, previous years and a square single headlight 80-82 or somethin like that, previous 73-79 had round headlights, 90-92 era had the smaller square headlights side by side, ALSO the hoods lips were different in that same time, there were 2 different hoods

Comment

just noticed petes has hydro boost

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                  if im correct and I may be wrong, I thought chevy trucks that were single rear wheel with 8 lug rear were 3/4 ton & duallys were 1 ton
                  they made 1 tons both ways for decades....if it's a C30 (or earlier, a 3800, or later, a 3500) it's a one ton. regardless of the number of rear wheels
                  Last edited by squirrel; September 16, 2012, 06:40 PM.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

Still learning about it. Have to decode all the RPOs in the glovebox yet. But it is a "V30" meaning 4wd one ton. (In 1988 the C/K designation went to the new body style and the older style Suburbans/Jimmys/Crew Cabs became R/V models.) It has hydro-boost brakes, trans cooler, throttle-body injection, lots of emissions stuff (all intact and stock) and I think a PCM somewhere running it all.

It has holes in the roof, dash, and bed where the light bar, CB radio, and tool boxes were removed. It still has a steel frame for the welder tacked into the bed.
                    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Before long you will wonder how you lived without a crew cab! epic score indeed.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
                        It has .... throttle-body injection, .... and I think a PCM somewhere running it all.
                        yup, kinda hard to have EFI without the PCM

look near the pass side kick panel, or behind the glovebox, or somewhere around there. There will be a big fat wiring harness going to it. The EFI has never given me or my son any trouble on the 87 V20 suburban I gave him. The distributor did die once, though. No fuel...caused by no ignition signal.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Freakin' awesome truck...
                          Still plays with trucks....

Comment

I hate you. Nice score!
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

87/88 cracked 305/350 in the lifter valley , but it wouldn't have lasted 24 years
                              nice truck

Comment

Working...
                              X