Dale Jr Fires Both Eurys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Jr Fires Both Eurys

Ryan Pemberton, a former crew chief for several Sprint Cup teams, has joined JR Motorsports [Nationwide teams of #7-Danica Patrick & #88-Cole Whitt]. Pemberton takes a similar role to what Tony Eury Sr. had as competition director for the organization, although the team has not yet announced whether he will hold that title
    Eury Sr., the uncle of team co-owners Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kelley Earnhardt-Miller and the father of co-owner Tony Eury Jr., was released last week.
    JR Motorsports has released Tony Eury Jr. from his duties as crew chief for Danica Patrick and the #7 GoDaddy.com Nationwide Series team. Eury was told Monday morning he was being replaced by Ryan Pemberton. Eury joined JRM after working as crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the #88 Sprint Cup team at Hendrick Motorsports. "They're trying to fix the competition of the cars, " Eury said. "They thought they could do better without me there. They hired Ryan and Ryan's their guy." Eury remains part of the ownership group of JRM. "We're still in discussions about that," he said. As far as his relationship with his cousin Dale Earnhardt Jr., also a co-owner of the team, Eury said that, "Me and Dale Jr. are perfect. We're fine

Wow. Are they still cousins?
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Wow. Are they still cousins?
      Of course, they're married!
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
      X