Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Time Warp or, The 80's called, they want their car back

Discuss!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Paint and wheels aside...........

I like it!

But it is a great example of the trend of the day, very late 80's early-to-mid 90's in these parts.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Cool wagon, nothing that a little sand paper and paint can not fix, I could live with the hood and the wheels until something else came along for a good deal. That paint would have to go!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I don't recall that in the 80s.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
          I don't recall that in the 80s.
          were you stoned thru the decade or what? Late 80s early 90's?
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

ya know, it's not colors I would choose for a car; however, with the stupid money people are paying for 60s/50s retro, we will see in our lifetime that style come back and get stupid money as well - between now and then. I'd drive the wheels off it and let the haters hate
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

90s maybe...a bit too cutting edge to be around in the 80s.

It was ugly when it was trendy, it's still ugly. But yeah, eventually that particular style of ugly will be trendy again.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                ...eventually that particular style of ugly will be trendy again.

Gawd... I hope I am not around when that happens....

Ron
                Last edited by Ron Ward; September 20, 2012, 08:37 AM.
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

It's the Care Bears' Malibu!

Comment

^^
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Thats nothing 15-20 cans of flat black and some steel rallys cant fix. I hated paint like that back then, still hate it now. The worst is splatter and drips, really hate that crap. Cool wagon other than those two items.

Comment

I'm with Thump...rattle-bomb the shit out of this thing. Fiberglass bumpers, leave'em in the black gelcoat....

I could live with the wheels....a set of Center Lines with the old Pro Stock "snorkel" scoop in place of the L88 bulge would seal the dirtball-fabulous title.

Comment

not a whole lot that can be done to that interior without an major overhaul...my god that interior.

Comment

snorkel scoop I had a pro snorkel got to love that !!
                            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

NOS.......it's gotta have NOS!
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                              X