Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shuttle Endeavour-my view (as filmed by a friend)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle Endeavour-my view (as filmed by a friend)

Frickin IMPRESSIVE. We saw it 3-4 times. Once over our heads from parking structure in Burbank

STUGOTS

I was just hunting some vids down...

looks like some t38s flying in your vid. I just found this one.

reminded me of the last flight of the concorde. I lived not even 100 yards from airport fence.

one plane was louder, I won't mention it.
    they let the concorde rip. the last time.

the power is goosebump raising when they are allowed a war like takeoff. A real earthquake.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 21, 2012, 04:37 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I went to Palmdale, Plant 42 early this morning to photograph Endeavor. Endeavor was built in Palmdale at Plant 42 so I knew they'd make a special fly by for the plant. The shuttle made a circle then came back real low for a fly by along Plant 42's runway. Everybody out there went crazy yelling and cheering. Too bad our gov't does not want to spend money anymore on the space program.
      Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

this vid is best yet
        airboyd

fullscreen gets details
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Sweet...I was thinking about driving up to L.A. for that but Gail had to work.

Thirty-some years ago my brother and I drove my first (4cyl) Vega to Edwards to see the Enterprise...some time afterwards, I took my last (V8) Vega to see Challenger land. Overnight geek party in the desert, that was fun. It would've been good to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
            this vid is best yet
            airboyd

fullscreen gets details
            I'd like to see the view from the balloon
            STUGOTS

Comment

Thanks Groucho and B3M, for the links.....

it was almost like being there..... Groucho, ya better go see it when it gets to its new home... and take pics...........

Atlantis should be at WPAFB....................................just sayin. i mean, it is the national air and space museum.....just sayin....(edit - The Museum at WPAFB is actually called the National Museum of the United States Air Force...the National Air and Space Museum is located in both Chantilly Va. and Washington D.C. .....Sorry for the error.)

i am so jealous..... can ya tell..... ? just a really cool machine.
              Last edited by oldsman496; September 22, 2012, 06:17 PM. Reason: uh.. i'm an idiot?
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
                I went to Palmdale, Plant 42 early this morning to photograph Endeavor. Endeavor was built in Palmdale at Plant 42 so I knew they'd make a special fly by for the plant. The shuttle made a circle then came back real low for a fly by along Plant 42's runway. Everybody out there went crazy yelling and cheering. Too bad our gov't does not want to spend money anymore on the space program.

It sounds more like they are gearing up for a new program, because the shuttle was just a low orbit trash hauler so to speak. At least that is what I am hearing from the geeks and nerds who would actually know these things. It would be sad if the US trashed its space program, it would be the nail in the coffin that sends us spiraling into insignificance.

Comment

I don't want to take over Groucho's thread. This was our view as shot by a friend, pro photog Jon Belda. We were on the roof of an office building with near 100 other people. The owner of the building was really kind and brave, insurance wise, to let us up there yesterday.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    I don't want to take over Groucho's thread. This was our view as shot by a friend, pro photog Jon Belda. We were on the roof of an office building with near 100 other people. The owner of the building was really kind and brave, insurance wise, to let us up there yesterday.

XLNT footage. Everyone feel free to add. Thanks Scott!!
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                    X