Craig Jackson of B-J is at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
    yeah ..the hack shelby vintage racer ...worth not so much ..jackson is a real bullshi t artist
    I've gone the last two years, the cars are shit and the guys that drive them in and out of the auction should be shot, and god forbid you have a car with a standard Trans, by the time they get done parking it the burnt clutch smell with be unbearable..... The tunes on 90% of the cars are way way way rich, just fuming out the crowd as they drive by, not to mention some on these cars are just junk with a nice paint job........ Now I'm not saying they are all that way, there are some nicely put together rides, but for the most part these stupid rich morons are paying way to much for a pile of Crap............ Again I think I need to get in on this scam.......
    Last edited by TC; September 23, 2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

stereotypes and cars making money.
      I have been watchng that stupidity my whole life..auction not needed.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Last night a "Hemi" Road Runner was on the block,it was billed as a real Hemi car vin was correct.

Steve Megnatti(spl) was doing his normal walk around showing the unique points of real Hemi cars and he and cameraman showed the right leaf spring mount,''we should see a torque box here ",Steve says. None was there,Steve then says something to the effect of I don't know whats with that,then they cut away... I say rebodied rust bucket with a high $$ VIN.
        BTW in the same shot you could see the unfinished bondo dripping off the rocker.

Steve sometimes misses on Ford details,even mixxes them up year for year,but he's a MOPAR guy through and through,so if he goes HUM WTF? I would believe him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
          Last night a "Hemi" Road Runner was on the block,it was billed as a real Hemi car vin was correct.

Steve Megnatti(spl) was doing his normal walk around showing the unique points of real Hemi cars and he and cameraman showed the right leaf spring mount,''we should see a torque box here ",Steve says. None was there,Steve then says something to the effect of I don't know whats with that,then they cut away... I say rebodied rust bucket with a high $$ VIN.
          BTW in the same shot you could see the unfinished bondo dripping off the rocker.

Steve sometimes misses on Ford details,even mixxes them up year for year,but he's a MOPAR guy through and through,so if he goes HUM WTF? I would believe him.
          Why it got the low price it did. I'm not a mopar guy, but I do know about those torque boxes.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The whole point of a no reserve auction is: 1 the bidders know the whole exercise,trip there , hotel bills,letter of credit , bidding and don't forget greasing the palm of the little lady in your life, wasn't going to be a waste of time. Everyone knows its for real. When the bidding is done the seller knows he sold the car and the bidder knows he bought a car. After its over you don't get...... no that was all just a what if thing. Everyone is serious. Me personally, If I had a muscle car worth say $80,000 , I should be able to list it in hemmings and sell it for $80,000 . No comision. And if it doesn't bring what I want I can keep it or the best offer, my choise.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

reminds of the big mouth sales manager who lasts 6 months

Comment

I've been watching B-J and other auctions for awhile now because I find the whole process facinating and I've noticed a few things over and over. When Craig Jackson, or whomever, gets up there and berates the crowd for not bidding enough on a particular car, 75% of the time the biding takes off again. Which tell you about the menality of some of these people. Also, when a car hits the block there are at least 5 guys up there sticking their heads under the hood and really giving it the eye. Like they didn't bother to go look at it when it was sitting out under the tent. And the one's I love the best, when a "charity" car comes up, that's when the real dick swingin' begins. Then guys like Ron Pratt cough up 300K on some car they couldn't care less about just to show the world how rich he is. The real reason I watch is because I love cars, and it gets me motivated to go work on that dusty lump out in my garage that I paid $550 for.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I enjoy it as a car show and learning new things about old cars, Craig was screwing that up for me last night.

They were all but kissing the ass of a guy who paid $750,000 for three cars. $300,000 for a Shelby Mustang continuation car, which was another Eleanor movie car but with an actual Shelby VIN plate added (OMG!), $250,000 for a Lemon Twist Hemi Superbird, and a $150,000 or so for something else. Speed even tried to interview him after he bought the Shelby and got one word answers. He then moved way back in the balcony to be left alone. When he got on stage to look at a third car, they shoved a camera in his face. Not polite at all.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Craig is only in it for his 8% over the price that anybody is wiling to pay for the car.I have always said that he reminds me of a call girl at the chicken ranch trying to get more money out of the john.
                    Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

I saw a nice "70 LS-6 Chevelle go across the block Saturday. When the bidding stalled at $60K, CJ kept the auctioneering from hammering it sold saying, "It's a $100,000 car! It shouldn't go this low!" He finally allowed it to go after it hit $80K.

Cars are worth what people are willing to pay, not what balloon-heads like Jackson think they are.

Comment

I know the auctioneer that handles all the BJ auctions, I would LOVE to get his take on it. haha They are a huge client of his, so the chances of that would be slim and his buddy none.
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                          I know the auctioneer that handles all the BJ auctions, I would LOVE to get his take on it. haha They are a huge client of his, so the chances of that would be slim and his buddy none.
                          If he told you he'd have to kill you....
                          Last edited by Deaf Bob; September 24, 2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

BJ sucks, pun intended. They ruined the collector car market & deserve what they get...

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
                              Craig and cronies have f up'd the classic/muscle car market and forced the hobbyist out at all of our expense. He's made his millions and more but the market is drying up somewhat. Boo hoo Craig! Idiot!

yeah he kinda ####ed the little guy over........
                              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

I've always found it fascinating about the whole auction dynamic.

Here you are bidding on a car...... in front of an audience and on TV.... everyone is
                                encouraging you on to bid more. Oh and throw in a few drinks.

Hell, I'd rather be on the guys front driveway beating him down on the price...sober and in private.
                                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                                X