Speed and BangShift Meanderings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed and BangShift Meanderings

Lemme tell y'all, I know...well, shut up peewee.

Yes, I love Bangshift. And after a week without it, I can also say that beer is good.

Driving to work a couple mornings ago in the dark, I didn't make up the thoughts, they just kinda fell on me.

First, for all real followers here, who in this world would have ever thought that Stude and I would collaborate on a project? We did (the newsletter article), and it was good. It'll be published to an audience of up to 100 people in about three weeks. Stude is an outstanding editor, and I appreciate that for sure.

And Stude was one who thought I should blow my own horn for setting a land speed record. As time goes by..well, let me say, he fixed the things in the newsletter article and made them better for presentation, like, I said I only got a speed record because nobody else ran in that class. He deleted that with , "Whoo-WHOO! Set a record!"

I think I finally get it. The speed thing. My initial stance for a long time was, if I went 50 MPH I'd still have a record in class on that day.

And driving to work in the dark the other day, it sort of all came together, while I should have been thinking about other things like what I was about to do at work when I got there.

russell pointed out in a long-ago thread that to run in the SS class the car has to be licensed and insured. Red is. And to be SO lucky to run 139.5 (not 140)....by accident, not skill on the throttle.

Somebody has a genuine opportunity to beat Red's speed to shreds this coming weekend at Wilmington. With a tiny V8 with a ROLL CAGE and a license plate and insurance.

I'm only starting to think, it's only starting to sink in....that record might stand for a while. It's only starting to sink in.

We'll see. No matter what, it sure is fun to go that fast when you've never been that fast before. Especially in a safe environment for sure.
    Last edited by pdub; September 24, 2012, 05:23 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Dude, you're a gearhead! See how it all works out?
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

The first hit is free, the next one is $100. Kinda like dope. The NEXT hit is the rollbar kit for Red, then the top speed limiter bypass kit (I'll wager there is one) and so on. Like I said, the second hit COSTS!

But we have you in our evil clutches now and there's no escape (except maybe rehab).

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X