eBay Rare as hell 65 Fairlane K code 4spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    You're just being polite Monk - those cars were out and out ugly.
    From an unknowing consumer's standpoint - the 6th photo down, the side profile....I don't think I've ever seen or noticed a two-door car with a trunk big enough to hold 4 dead hookers and a beer keg. What's that thump in the trunk? It could be any of that stuff back there.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Ray Skillman...yep, that's what used to be the Oldsmobile sales/service building.

They sure are...well.....full of character. Same way the Virgil Exner-penned Mopars of that era are....I'm with most others, if that was a 66-67, it would be GONE. Best-looking examples of the model, and ones that this Chevy guy would make space in the driveway for.

Looks like it's been driven a little bit....some oil leaks on the engine, the new Flowmasters....you'd think he'd have had the thing detailed before posting it up on the 'bay.

Comment

Well there is a lot of negativity here concerning the '65 Farilane, so I'll have to through in that I like it. In high school I often road to school in a friend's black '65. It had a 289 w/4bb, but hat a three speed on the column. His dad didn't want to pay the extra insurance bills for a teenager with a four speed. It was a quick car. Those trip to and from school were usually fairly quick ones.

Comment

I dont get all the hate for this car...I really, really like it. Then again I find my Fury attractive so....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I like it too! The fact that it's not a "me too" car makes it more attractive to me. Lol, this is from a guy with a 65 Mustang.;)

Comment

Don't get me wrong - I'd drive it if you gave it to me, but, for what the guy is asking? I can think of a long long list of cars I'd rather buy and could buy for about half that price.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Don't get me wrong - I'd drive it if you gave it to me, but, for what the guy is asking? I can think of a long long list of cars I'd rather buy and could buy for about half that price.
                If it was a little more " reasonable"
                Is this price reflecting off the owner's Barret Jackson watching?

Comment

Originally posted by zombie289 View Post
                  Waaaaaaaaaayyy big $$$ but very very cool oddball
                  289 K code, dealer fitted tri power
                  4 spd
                  4:11 geared 9"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-...item2ec1f09f89

If ever I have seen a car that is begging for a nice set of wheels, this is it.

Comment

48k. a poisoned looking air breather and a lively rust chain well underway in the truck, drooling something off the trim pegs...

48k?!

knock 40k off it.
                    that 73k miles is the same time chores started never ending for their designs...they simply paused it.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                      John - isn't Greenwood where Matt lives ?
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I feel like I'm a pretty open minded guy when it comes to cars, but this one does nothing for me. I wouldn't buy it at any price. Sometimes stuff is rare because no one wanted one when it was new.

Hemicuda convertible, rare but awesome = big bucks, this thing... not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver68RT View Post
                          I feel like I'm a pretty open minded guy when it comes to cars, but this one does nothing for me. I wouldn't buy it at any price. Sometimes stuff is rare because no one wanted one when it was new.

Hemicuda convertible, rare but awesome = big bucks, this thing... not so much.

If it was a 406 with 3X2's.. Then would ya buy it?

Comment

Nope, still not digging the styling at all. I like the earlier ones, and the later ones, but not this one.

Comment

Working...
                            X