Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel to Wheel Powertrain going under.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wheel to Wheel Powertrain going under.....

Welcome aboard Kurt! It's great for idiots like me to have the knowledge of guys like you on this forum.

Good Luck,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 427
      Thanks guys, I am sure all will be well. I will still be working with engines, mostly LS versions at my own place like the old days.....
      One of our engine builders is working over at Livernois now, they are some good guys.

Kurt
      Kurt where is your shop at?

Is John LaHone still at Livernois?
      I guess he's ok, but I didn't care for the engines of his
      I tore apart to fix when I worked for VanPeenan.
      If it's moderately close to Lansing, maybe you could use another engine/tech guy.

Comment

Kurt, Knoe I know who to go to for in advice for my camaro
        HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

The shop may be having problems but if Kurt is building cars like THE nova im pretty sure he will land in his feet quite fast

Comment

Well, we should see you on Drag Week again.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by min301
              Originally posted by 427
              Thanks guys, I am sure all will be well. I will still be working with engines, mostly LS versions at my own place like the old days.....
              One of our engine builders is working over at Livernois now, they are some good guys.

Kurt

If it's moderately close to Lansing, maybe you could use another engine/tech guy.
              I only know Dan Millen at Livernois, but he runs a nice shop.
              My shop is in Commerce Michigan. I rented some space from an old racing buddy Barry Rabotnic, He is a Ford guy but I don't hold that against him! My engine room is next to his and he says I will build the small girlie engines that need power adders just to run, and he will build the high hp FE's.

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Hesher
                So I know this is kinda off topic and has been said a million times, but...

Kurt, that Nova is the single coolest car I have ever seen. If I could magically have any car in the world, it would be that one. Good luck with everything.

Jas
                Glad you liked it! It was as much fun to bring to life as it was to drive. It is in the hands of corporate types now and they don't understand it. To them its just an old car.....

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
                  The shop may be having problems but if Kurt is building cars like THE nova im pretty sure he will land in his feet quite fast
                  I just purchased my new parts hauler, 83 Malibu CL wagon two tone drab brown and forgettable tan, both faded away. Its as close to perfect as I could find. I am getting a 6.0 LS with a single ready for it now.

Kurt

Comment

That's bizarre! As a kid, I attended Commerce Elementary before our family moved to Milford. I has Mrs. King for 3rd grade. This was NOT good. She breathed fire and ate 3rd. graders for breakfast. I survived, but barely. I went thru there a few days ago as we were on the current trip, but not much that I remember remains - but that was like 50 years ago.

Where is the shop (roughly - you may not want to tell too many folks exactly where if you don't want to spend all your time doing tours).

And the best of luck to you - come to Maxton!

Dan

Originally posted by 427
                    Originally posted by 427

Kurt

My shop is in Commerce Michigan. I rented some space from an old racing buddy Barry Rabotnic, He is a Ford guy but I don't hold that against him! My engine room is next to his and he says I will build the small girlie engines that need power adders just to run, and he will build the high hp FE's.

Kurt

Comment

Its on Pioneer drive off Martin road. Martin is between Oakley park and Richardson just west of Haggerty road. My place won't really be open to the public, just my engine customers. If you want to stop by sometime, drop me a note and I will send you my cell number.

Kurt
                      [email protected]
                      Originally posted by DanStokes
                      That's bizarre! As a kid, I attended Commerce Elementary before our family moved to Milford. I has Mrs. King for 3rd grade. This was NOT good. She breathed fire and ate 3rd. graders for breakfast. I survived, but barely. I went thru there a few days ago as we were on the current trip, but not much that I remember remains - but that was like 50 years ago.

Where is the shop (roughly - you may not want to tell too many folks exactly where if you don't want to spend all your time doing tours).

And the best of luck to you - come to Maxton!

Dan

Originally posted by 427
                      Originally posted by 427

Kurt

Kurt

Comment

Thanks for the offer! We'll be back up in August, so I'll try to take you up on it then. Know pretty close to where you are, but haven't been that way in awhile. I'll drop you a PM when we get home and I have dates, etc.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X