2500 Hp Street Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2500 Hp Street Car

I know some of you guys arent import guys. But something with 2500 Hp is always interesting. 2500 Hp V8 Supra. I hope this isnt a repost.
    http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/10/..._racing_supra/
    The youngest guy on the board
    76 vega
    86 fiero

Neat, but without seeing what is under it for a chassis and the only photo of tires being the one with Chris Rado kneeling behind a big radial, 2500hp or 900hp, it is going to be a tire smoker. Larson, Lutz, etc....they actually apply all that power and do something with it outside of making smoke. Just my opinion. Not a bad car, just not anything other than having "2500hp" to say it.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

im memory serves me correctly, chris rado was one of the first guys to take a fwd honda, turn the engine sideways and make his car rwd for drag racing purposes
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

World, and Chris Rado are located just up from where I work. I wont say what my opinions of either are...." If you cant say anything nice...."
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

appearance of supra. but not a supra.

defending american is more realistic to slap a 2500hp number on.

I see a mustang in the same shop in one of the photos. they must be quite dynamical with chassis
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm calling BS on the 2500hp...........

Comment

Its going to be at SEMA which means nothing. Until it runs 240 mph in a standing mile or runs 6's in the 1/4 or something objectively measured its just another posuer. We have objective measures of what 2500 HP cars can actually do and racing chassis dynos or dream wheels ain't it.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I thought that's what Supras are for, is racing on dynos.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                  Its going to be at SEMA which means nothing. Until it runs 240 mph in a standing mile or runs 6's in the 1/4 or something objectively measured its just another posuer. We have objective measures of what 2500 HP cars can actually do and racing chassis dynos or dream wheels ain't it.
                  Yep, it would be quite sad indeed if my wimpy little 700hp NA beater whupped its ass in the 1/4.

Comment

This car reminds me of the 70 or 71 mustang (sorta like Bill's) that was posted up here a few months back. Wasn't that one "three thousand horsepower" or some crazy crap? Also, didn't they say it was going to decimate all at Drag Week?

nobody doubted the power figures for that one (except maybe me).

It sounds like this Supra is built mostly for the street. With low compression and two turbos, I bet it would make the cruise portion of Drag Week in style! I don't really see the Speedhunters guys claiming this is a Drag Week car, and I also think this car is FAR more streetable than Larry Larson's Nova (the comparison to them seems a little "out there" to me, frankly ) My biggest question is: Billet Titanium turbochargers?

I don't know if one of the Toyota/Lexus V8s have been taken up to 2500hp, with the ease of big HP through turbocharging, the hard part is having the engine hold together. I don't know much about the V8s, I've heard they are tough like other Toyota engines (reference 2JZ which can make 1200hp on stock guts all year long). Lately, Toyota's OEM stuff has gone completely to crap, though - I wouldn't be surprised if there are limitations in the block or heads to all that cylinder pressure. I guess we have to wait and see for dyno figures?

Meanwhile, I like the Speedhunters guys. They are always taking great photos of cool stuff to see, it's not only import and it's not only drag racing. They did some neat shots of Landracing cars at Bonneville a few years back too. Whatever they are covering is usually worth checking out.
                    Last edited by dieselgeek; September 27, 2012, 11:07 AM.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                    X