Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How your wife always wins (aka BONE JOB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How your wife always wins (aka BONE JOB)

For your sake you HAVE all the pieces you need and are all correct!
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Pray for me

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

You are in my prayers! always remember- happy wife=happy life and it's cheaper to keep them around. My better half has always been supportive of my car madness, jeep madness, Harley madness etc. Good luck!

Comment

Been there....Done that....Have fun.

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Keep her happy.

Get a couple more tractors and maybe a few implements, plant a huge garden, and you will save money on food and have fun growing it. Mebbe dieselgeek could rig up EFI on a putt-putt for ya. That would be cool.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I did a TBI swap on my neighbor's 1947 Case VAC-60 tractor. No kidding. He was out using it yesterday to mow his field and waived at me with a smile as I drove by on the way home from work.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Brian, you are one lucky guy! My "EX" (she has other names too!) did not want the IKEA cabinets that "I" liked ...she had to have "custom" cabinets! I think my "custom" cabinet guy went to Lowes for these, as they came in boxes too! $17,000 later I had beautiful cabinets that were not even centered in the room. For what you are saving by going to IKEA, you can buy LOTS of parts for the car....she was thinking of you and your needs! You are one lucky guy!

Comment

Brian
                  I'm right there with you buddy - but we bought our cabinets at a builders auction for $2750 and a $1000 more for granite slabs that I have to find someone to cut polish and install (most folks will only install what they sell - a diamond blade for my saw maybe in my future)

I've assembled a few things from ikea - I hope and pray your lovely other half chose cabinets with solid wood where ever the hinges mount - I've had countless nightmares with "cabinets" made of particle board in those areas.

I spent last weekend moving copper plumbing we found when we tore out the soffets (putting in 42" tall cabinets so the soffets had to go) then spent another couple nights moving electrical to make room.... amazing how they didn't leave any extra wire!!!

If you can remove the old, build and install the new -and have it buttoned up in three days --- you deserve a medal of honor!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

This is entertaining, I will be watching this with great interest. I expanded our deck last spring, similar black hole of time.
                    I do have one observation, in my experience the ‘wife’ alone is not the thing that gets in the way of our projects. We were married several years before having kids and we had tons of fun, she came with me to most of my motorcycle roadracing adventures, even picked up the tab on fuel and hotel rooms from time to time. Life was care-free and simple.

The slippery slope as I see it, are those little reproductions of the parents. I believe they are largely responsible (directly and indirectly like this nesting instinct) for these constant road blocks to manly project progress.
                    See this picture below, he as usual seems to want something! Even if one of the two kids goes to mom I then need to backfill what mom was doing, which means I am yet again….NOT in the garage.

Anyone else out there take vacation days to work on your car, something that at one point in your life could actually be done on evenings and weekends!

Oh, and good luck with that one in the staging lanes.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
                      My wife is one of those people that keeps buying crap and bringing it into the house even though we have no place for it. And she won't get rid of anything to make room for it.
                      Pretty soon, I'll be living in my Camaro because I won't be able to get in the house.

Dude! we married the same chick.....

IKEA is the BEST, just did my daughters room for under a grand....The middle son is next, sometime next year

Comment

I'm Moving and looking for a new place to move into. Got to get my Curtain hanging and Cleaning skills warmed up. I'm sure the New/Old bathroom stuff She just bought somehow will not work in the new place. (Never does). But, I will have to store it somewhere right next to the Car in the Garage. The Ultimate House would be a 1 Bedroom, Five Car Garage. Good luck with all of your Construction Porjects, we are here to help out...

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                          If you can remove the old, build and install the new -and have it buttoned up in three days --- you deserve a medal of honor!
                          no sh*t.....

I think our kitchen was apart for at least 3 months, we demo'd before thanksgiving and got it working a bit after new years (this was 5 years ago). We did have to move some walls, redo all plumbing and electrical, etc too. Fortunately my dear wife was quite content to get the Home Depot boxed cabinets (we have similar low buck taste)

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

dude 1457 sounds like alot of boxes.....damn that must be one fun "puzzle"

Comment

I'll have to take some pictures of our new kitchen cabinets...courtesy of our house fire *G*. We got natural cherry with a chocolate glaze, about 18 linear feat, a small island to match along with 3 cabinets of lessor grade for the bathroom. I have to install the bathroom and kitchen island, but the tab came to $15,675 installed. Going granite too, tab for that again, for all above, bathroom included all installed is $3,700.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

15,675 = approximately 31.35 tractors.

We into this thing for about 5 tractors.

;D

Brian
                                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                                X