Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How your wife always wins (aka BONE JOB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How your wife always wins (aka BONE JOB)

So as I mentioned in the thread about the new shortblock for the race car, my wife allowed me to spend our "free money" from the government too easily. I knew something was coming.

Something came tonight.

That something? An entire "build it yourself" kitchen from IKEA that is now in approximately 1457 flat boxes in my mud room. So much for finishing up sticking the motor in the car this weekend. I got home from work and my mother in law was over to mind my son, my wife told me we were going to look at kitchen stuff.

3 Hours and two near hernias later I had finished loading all of this crap into the bed of my truck. A 1-ton truck was about to pull the wheels with all the weight in the bed.

I'll keep this thread updated with photos through the weekend. My goal is to have this thing buttoned up by Monday night. That includes demoing the current kitchen, assembling all the Swedish stuff we bought, hanging the cabinets, intalling the new sink, and all the other ancillary crapola that goes along with it.

Seth happened to call while we were at the store to give me an update on the Chevelle purchase and probable road trip. Since my wife was all juiced up on the endorfin high of blowing a pile of money she was all in favor of the road trip idea. The problem is, I have no idea what that's gonna cost me down the road.

Stay tuned...this is going to be interesting.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: How your wife always wins (aka BONE JOB)

...sounds strangely familiar...

Comment

Mwhahahahahahaha!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

dude that must suck.....you guys are making marriage sound VERY bad to this youngin :-\

Comment

1457 flat boxes

You´re missing some boxes.................. ;D ;D

I just love those IKEA assembly instructions.... ???

Comment

I'm not married and I don't shop at IKEA.

Life is beautiful. :D

Comment

IKEA in Barcelona is HELL, you have to go all the way through no backtracking.
              Is´nt the founder of IKEA the richest person in the world, richerer than Bill Gates ?

Comment

This all sounds like a VERY slippery Slope Brian.... Be Careful... and WATCH your back... How many kids you got? and how many does she want? DUDE... this could be Bad.... I've seen the Nesting gene in action... Fix up the house... ya da Yada YAAAA DA.... Just remember... I said it here first...

Keith

Comment

Got one little guy....the second one is in the staging lanes, due to hit the tree in November. Anymore after that will be immaculate conception because we're gonna get "fixed".

Being at the drag races on Mnthers' Day may have had a hand in this...he he.

When asked about how much money we had just spent, you know what her answer was? (and this is why I fell in love with her in high school)

"Several tractors"

Anywho, once we tear into this thing, I'll throw photos up of our progress.

Brian

Comment

I feel your pain. The IKEA cabinets my wife had me install. A cordless drill speeds things up a lot.

Comment

gotta love a woman who speaks in the rite code ;D

Comment

My wife is one of those people that keeps buying crap and bringing it into the house even though we have no place for it. And she won't get rid of anything to make room for it.
                        Pretty soon, I'll be living in my Camaro because I won't be able to get in the house.

Comment

AHHHH Might I suggest resting my case at this point?

LIFE ROCKS

Keith

Comment

Well,

I can honestly say that I have very few complaints.

Although my wife has not been 240 at Bonneville like Keith's Tonya, she has barnstormed drag strips all over the land with me when we were in college and afterwards. We spent one of our pre-wedding anniversaries at a school bus demo derby I was announcing, you can say "Atco" to her and she knows you're talking about a drag strip and not a company.

She's supported every hare-brained project, trip, purchase, job change, big life decision I've ever made.

She's not a racing fan, she does like cars in the sense that she recognizes certain designs and shapes and being cool, but if I happen to be grabbing a beer from the fridge during one of the race telecasts and I miss something, she can tell me without hesistation when a fuel car pushes out the head gaskets.

So, if she wants me to remodel the kitchen, I guess that's my give part of the whole "give and take" thing.

Plus, this totally locks me in for the Chevelle road trip if Seth can buy that car.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              Something came tonight.
                              Brian, a classic diversionary move, right out of their "playbook" !

;)

Comment

Working...
                              X