Ebay car descriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay car descriptions

OK, so I'm cruising Ebay, just looking for something (anything) interesting as another knuckle-buster, and I come across an El Camino where the owner glowingly reports the virtues of this fine (POS) vehicle, and how it is ready to be picked up and driven home. then he slyly tucks in " I would recommend a trailer unless you appreciate a challenge." CRACKED ME UP!!!! This is a CarJunkie description if I ever saw one ;D Anybody else come across any descriptions that ought to go down in the "For Sale" hall of fame??
    Ed

Re: Ebay car descriptions

I can't find it to give you a link now, but on Craigslist I found someone selling a car or truck with virtually no description. It went something like this: 1987 For Sale, runs great, some minor rust, nice interior, must see! $2700.

Yeah, that peaks my interest. I'll be sure to call on that one. I see that quite a bit on Craigslist, no info such as Make, Model, or mileage. How about the ones with no way to get ahold of the person. No Email, no phone # and no link through Craigslist. What are they thinking? Oh yeah, that's right, they're not.

Comment

I haven't looked for awhile but I got a good storry about a 77 Thunderbird I bought once..
      This guy told me he would sale it to me for $50, so I asked what was wrong and he said that he just put brakes on it all the way around and tuned it up, now it does't run........lol....so I went and looked at it and it was a really nice car and I handed him the money, he went to get some gas for so could here it run (I already had title in my pocket) and stayed there, while I was waiting on him I checked the firing order and found that he had them all screwed up, and I fixed them.
      Got the gas in it and started it and it raan like a dream......he said dam it was running like crap yesterday....lol
      I ended up resaling that car for $750..

Comment

I love the ones from what seems the "hills" of anystate USA...the spelling is always AFU'd the wrong words are used, there is a dog or a trailer in th background..the car or truck is always a POS but it is "fast" and an "easy restoration" Or "Just needs some TLC" This is the start of my new favorite thread I think

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedJunkee
          I haven't looked for awhile but I got a good storry about a 77 Thunderbird I bought once..
          This guy told me he would sale it to me for $50, so I asked what was wrong and he said that he just put brakes on it all the way around and tuned it up, now it does't run........lol....so I went and looked at it and it was a really nice car and I handed him the money, he went to get some gas for so could here it run (I already had title in my pocket) and stayed there, while I was waiting on him I checked the firing order and found that he had them all screwed up, and I fixed them.
          Got the gas in it and started it and it raan like a dream......he said dam it was running like crap yesterday....lol
          Back in the day, bought many a car that didn't run, and sometimes all that was need was a battery or points in the distributer (points, showing my age,lol)

Comment

Here is one off of Racing Junk. His definition and spelling of excellent body, is different than my definition. lol

88 ford mustang (coupe) 5.0 5speed project

$4,000.00
            88 coupe was 4 cylinder now 85 5.0 5 speed no time to finish only 1 seat no interior xxxcelent body trade only....

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
              Originally posted by SpeedJunkee
              Back in the day, bought many a car that didn't run, and sometimes all that was need was a battery or points in the distributer (points, showing my age,lol)
              The best one I bought was a 74 cuda, rusted truck and quarter, but the owner told my the motor was locked up and it had a 383 mag in it. got to my buddies house and throw a battery in it and some gas and started right up.......lol

Comment

You all forgot about the Rare Purple Minnestoa Pickup going for $750,000, I could'nt raise enough Earthworms to get the money so I had to pass on it. Damn the luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Vette#128
                  OK, so I'm cruising Ebay, just looking for something (anything) interesting as another knuckle-buster, and I come across an El Camino where the owner glowingly reports the virtues of this fine (POS) vehicle, and how it is ready to be picked up and driven home. then he slyly tucks in " I would recommend a trailer unless you appreciate a challenge." CRACKED ME UP!!!! This is a CarJunkie description if I ever saw one ;D Anybody else come across any descriptions that ought to go down in the "For Sale" hall of fame??
                  Ed

You have got to read this one...classic description...

Comment

The buyer will get the title when I get it...............lmao

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                      Originally posted by Vette#128
                      Ed
                      Yes "but the body is in great shape "

You have got to read this one...classic description...

Comment

"Trunk floor has a soft ball size hole in it but is overall solid. "

That's just like all the ads you see for "...solid body, typical rust..."
                        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Read the question and answer below the pictures. Sounds like he asked and answered the question. If not him, then a close relative. I like the part about just scrub the paint off the bumpers. Yeah, that works well.

Comment

Working...
                          X