No announcement yet.

Finally Back On My Feet........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome. I've wanted one for a long time, but an 8' ceiling says no.

Comment

Bob - Get the lift first - the Tig can wait. I use my Tig about 1/30 as often as my lift.

Nice work TC - that's Atlas from Greg Smith yes?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
        That is awesome! I didn't realize those things were able to be out in the elements.
        There are lots of shops here that have lifts outside, my wife is already on the search for an awning, we're thinking something like an RV awning, which would keep at least the rain and sun off of it.....

And thanks everyone, this has been on my to do list for years, but with the way the economy went and all the money I've been sinking into the Apartments I just didn't have the time or money to get it done....... So hopefully this is a sign for all of us that things are starting to get better.......

Damn do I feel like a kid on Christmas today!!!......
        Last edited by TC; September 29, 2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post

Yap Greg Smith was the place.... $1695........

Comment

See lots outside, here in OR..
            Our sponsor's yard has a 4 post drive on.. Rarely used still clean after 3 or 4 years.. Looks hard to get to some stuff...
            I have 3 air over hudraulic cylinders for an old 2 and one post lift from an old gas station... Never installed.. Might as well scrap as need DEQ permission to bury like underground tank..
            Now get your camaro off jackstands!
            Lucky you!

Comment

Nice. I'm jealous, my back kills me laying on the creeper........good for ya TC.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Glad to see all went well. You epoxy'd in the bolts, yes?
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                  Glad to see all went well. You epoxy'd in the bolts, yes?
                  We only staked it with one bolt on each tower until next weekend, my buddy wants to wait a little longer for the concrete to cure.... And yes we will epoxy the bolts in...........

Comment

do like some of the 'engineers ' I know ...and ummm borrow tools and equipment yuk yuk
                    best of luck and happy motoring

Comment

Congrats TC, that'll be a lot of help. When I get into location X permanently, I'm considering a portable four post as one of the first mandatory purchases.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        Bob - Get the lift first - the Tig can wait. I use my Tig about 1/30 as often as my lift.

and it's easy to find a deal on a TIG if you're willing to wait. I bought my TIG at an auction for cheap, and in relative dollars - the TIG is worth exactly twice what my lift is worth (and I paid 1/3 of what the lift cost for it)
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

congrats!!!! I used a single post at a shop I worked at, it had the wall bashed in where they dropped a car off
                          the front of it befor I started there. todays lifts are WAY better! have fun with it
                          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Kick ass man! Once I worked with a lift, I couldn't believe how much easier it was than the years I spent laying on the ground contorting myself into a pretzel trying to reach that one friggin bolt. Enjoy it my friend, I am very jealous.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                              Kick ass man! Once I worked with a lift, I couldn't believe how much easier it was than the years I spent laying on the ground contorting myself into a pretzel trying to reach that one friggin bolt. Enjoy it my friend, I am very jealous.
                              I know all to well of what your saying, I get so frustrated when things don't go right when I'm laying on my back..... It really is just a whole different world when you have a lift, mainly easier access to things and being able to apply more leverage without having the creeper move all over the place and best of all your standing up!!!!......

And thanks again guys, I'll be looking forward to sharing some of the work being done on it..............
                              Last edited by TC; September 30, 2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I don't have a problem laying on my back, on a creeper... BUT there isn't a creeper made that will roll on gravel!
                                It s moving around and getting up and down that is hard to do..

Comment

Working...
                                X