No announcement yet.

Finally Back On My Feet........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the same one, 10k tall version. until you get an awning, get some good grease on the bare metal parts on the inside of the columns. The only thing I didnt like about it were the pins could be a 1/2 inch longer. When we lift the van it looks like the pin on the arm raises up and is into the taper going thru the bottom of the arm.

If thats your fence on the side, you might be able to get a funeral tent kind of awning they use at the track and just set up the canapy from the concrete wall to the fence.

It will even come in handy storing cars, lift one up and roll one underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
      I got the same one, 10k tall version. until you get an awning, get some good grease on the bare metal parts on the inside of the columns. The only thing I didnt like about it were the pins could be a 1/2 inch longer. When we lift the van it looks like the pin on the arm raises up and is into the taper going thru the bottom of the arm.

If thats your fence on the side, you might be able to get a funeral tent kind of awning they use at the track and just set up the canapy from the concrete wall to the fence.

It will even come in handy storing cars, lift one up and roll one underneath.
      I'm eyeing one of those metal 12x14x20 RV canopies, which I'm going to order here in the next week, they say it takes 3 weeks to get it so by mid next month it should be covered.... Good thing I live in Phoenix where we don't get much rain......

And Jeff what are you babbling about??

And here's a pic of the boarder bricks to the rocks, you have to concrete the bricks in to lock everything together..... Now it's just sweeping and raking everything and I will have my Camaro on it by the weekend.....

Last edited by TC; November 21, 2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

And here we go, got the car on the hoist today, it has to sit there for two days to let the cables stretch and then I have to readjust them and then I'm ready to go.......

<-----------One happy puppy!!!!!!!!

Comment

ricer taillights on the 4-th gen, for real Alex?
          Last edited by dieselgeek; November 28, 2012, 06:25 PM.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
              ricer taillights on the 4-th gen, for real Alex?
              Those have been on my car pretty much since I bought it, where have you been??.....

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                Those have been on my car pretty much since I bought it, where have you been??.....
                Not paying attention to all your Vatozone updates is apparently where I've been. What's next, foglights and a push bar?
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                  Not paying attention to all your Vatozone updates is apparently where I've been. What's next, foglights and a push bar?
                  Jealous much??........

Comment

Jealous much??........
                    I will throw you a bone and say, yes, I am jealous of the killer patio work you always seem to be doing.

Comment

test blowtorch heat levels on them there taillights!
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

At least those taillights are useful to those other drivers behind them because you see them. Those dorks with blacked out lights no one can see are asking to get rear ended.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          At least those taillights are useful to those other drivers behind them because you see them. Those dorks with blacked out lights no one can see are asking to get rear ended.
                          Amen!

Comment

That is nice and I'm a bit jealous. I keep debating pulling the trigger on a lift, but whenever the money is available, I can never get myself to spend it on a lift (versus some upgrade for the car). I'm not a big guy, so crawling under isn't too brutal.

I am entering the old-man-zone, so the lift might happen eventually. My last car jobs were electric windows/locks and comfy seats. When I was younger, I would never spend my money for stuff like that. Makes me feel old.
                            Tampa, FL

Comment

... it has to sit there for two days ..

this is how it starts... And I can't help myself - the reason we've never noticed the tail lights is ... wait for it.... It's the first time anyone has seen them! HA!

j/k. The patio looks good, you did a nice job there.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

The only way you can show your tail lights to someone is to have them stand behind your car.
                                Whats in front of the lift, a garage?
                                Originally posted by TC
                                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                                X