Finally Back On My Feet........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Back On My Feet........

After 10 years of wrenching on cars everyday on a car lift for a living and then getting out of the business and not having a hoist for 10 years, I found that all my project pretty much come to a halt when it comes to doing stuff that involves laying on the ground...... So I saved my pennies(literally) and cashed them in and bought a 9000lb hoist..... No more laying on my back for this old boy!!!!.... Here's some pics of the install, we're going to finish it up next weekend after the concrete cures for another week......

I'm one Happy MoFo today!!!!!!!!

nice! I can still work on cars laying on the floor....but one of these days I might put one up outside the shop. Then I'll have to deal with the wind
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The right way to do it TC!!!.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        nice! I can still work on cars laying on the floor....but one of these days I might put one up outside the shop. Then I'll have to deal with the wind
        Once you have one you'll wonder why you didn't get it sooner...... Lifts make working under a car so much easier, especially for a big guy like myself.......

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
          The right way to do it TC!!!.
          Thanks Man!!!, I'm even flying the BS colors!!!.......

Comment

There are pros and cons, it sounds like it will definitely help you....good move!
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Looks good! Any plans for an awning for shade in the AZ heat?
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                Looks good! Any plans for an awning for shade in the AZ heat?
                Yes that's on the list, but first I have to grade out the section in front of the pad to transition from the driveway to the pad the lift is sitting on...... I also want to raise the block wall a few more rows, just to make it harder for anyone to jump the wall and get in there. I also plan on putting up a fence and gate for some added security.......

Comment

That is my next big purchase, that and a Tig. Is that you in the pic TC?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                    Is that you in the pic TC?
                    The one and only......

Comment

very nice, Alex!!! you'll love having it.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

a personal lift, nothing is so good.
                        my bro n law built a fancy place out of logs (A real built, premanned lumbers), the garage is massive. smacka hammer into the car and it is not an echo hollow pansyass excuse for a building. I got a few days with it..
                        never so lucky. the yard is owned, long driveway..awesome think tank generator. Anything is possible.

I remember plucking a b-pillar of my 96 corsica, 30 minutes. someone lived with that totalled looking wreck with less than 100k miles, less than ten years old..just sitting around like a bigger crisis than it is not.

a personal place to make noise with the right stuff. I pondered $100k if to actually work it a year.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 29, 2012, 02:13 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I want one of those BADLY!!! Although at the moment I'm leaning towards four post drive on.

I want a frickin TIG, but it might have to wait.
                          I'm still learning

Comment

That is awesome! I didn't realize those things were able to be out in the elements.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                              That is awesome! I didn't realize those things were able to be out in the elements.
                              Not really many elements in Arizona. Sand and sun, with a little rain once in a while. Outside up here it would be useless most of the time, and rusted into nothing in five years or less.

Comment

Working...
                              X