Day of wild weather in SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day of wild weather in SoCal

It started this morning with snow showers on Mammoth Mountain.

Twin tornadoes, or sisters, in Riverside County derailed a train and and flipped over a semi on I-215 during rush hour.

Orange County got hit with a down pour that lasted less than hour and still caused mud slides and flooded streets.

Not two miles from my home at Baldwin Park got nailed with hail. So much hail dropped there is still four inches of snow sitting on that hill right now. There are snow men dotting the park.

Flooded streets all over the place with cars drowning in the middle of intersections.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Re: Day of wild weather in SoCal

Yeah my Mom told me about that. I checked out ABC7.com a few hours ago. When she was talking about the Tornado's I kept asking her if she meant Colorado, same thing happened there. All we got here was a dusting of snow and a bit of rain.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Damn global warming! :o

The weather here has sucked for the past couple of days too, but no tornadoes, snow or hail. Just hot and windy. Wednesday was in the upper 90's with wind over 50 MPH. Hot dog breath wind. Yesterday was close to 90 with wind over 40 MPH. So much dust in the air visibility is about one mile, depending on were you are, sometimes less. I'm sick of this wind. It's been windy for over 2 months. We topped 100 degrees this week for the first time this year. But it's supposed to be a nice weekend, so that's a good thing. ;D

Comment

It's not Global Warming, it's classic Apocalypse! It's weird here as well, I can see snow falling, but the ground doesn't have any on it, nor is it even wet.........
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Anybody here read National Geographic?

According to a recent issue, the warming in the western US is not actually warming, but a return of normal weather. The last 100 years has been abnormally cool and wet. You folks out there will soon be out of water.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I am still nursing the sunburn from Saturday at the pool, weather in the low 90's, and now we have thunder showers and 65 degrees. Not much rain in Long Beach, just enough to make the car ugly!

Comment

For what it's worth, this has been the most mild/beautiful Spring I can remember in the 12 years (minus 18 months) I have lived in Omaha, NE.

High 70s, low 80s, we've had enough rain to keep the farmers happy and the dust down. Today it's a bit rainy but mild temps. We have had ZERO severe weather, which is very atypical for us this time of year. Knock on wood.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                It started this morning with snow showers on Mammoth Mountain.

Twin tornadoes, or sisters, in Riverside County derailed a train and and flipped over a semi on I-215 during rush hour.

Orange County got hit with a down pour that lasted less than hour and still caused mud slides and flooded streets.

Not two miles from my home at Baldwin Park got nailed with hail. So much hail dropped there is still four inches of snow sitting on that hill right now. There are snow men dotting the park.

Flooded streets all over the place with cars drowning in the middle of intersections.

And a few days before this cold weather, it was 90 plus for a couple days, and before that, it was cold.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                  For what it's worth, this has been the most mild/beautiful Spring I can remember in the 12 years (minus 18 months) I have lived in Omaha, NE.

High 70s, low 80s, we've had enough rain to keep the farmers happy and the dust down. Today it's a bit rainy but mild temps. We have had ZERO severe weather, which is very atypical for us this time of year. Knock on wood.
                  X2

Another good reason to avoid SoCal.

Ron
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

I think you knocked on formica because the wild weather is coming your way. Grand Island is getting pummeled right now.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I sure miss the old days when the Soviets controlled the weather....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                        I sure miss the old days when the Soviets controlled the weather....

LOL

It's F'in raining today here in the high desert of So Cal. I got a little time off and I had big plans on working on stuff today. When I bought my house it was clearly printed in my contract that there would be no rain, it's the desert, not the Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This should fix it.

atmospheric monitoring, weather modification, atmospheric solutions, water management, atmospheric assessment, atmospheric evaluation, meteorological services, cloud seeding aircraft, environmental monitoring, weather radar systems
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Tornado over Riverside.

Awesome stuff.
                            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...lway-cars.html

Comment

No thanks. I'll stay here were it's hot and windy. At least we don't have tornadoes, huricanes or earthquakes. 8) A big dust devil is enough to make me wan't to hide in the house.

Comment

Working...
                              X