Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my 53' trailer....and got to meet Chad's Dad .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my 53' trailer....and got to meet Chad's Dad .....

Well.....traded my ZO 6 in Memphis....a 2062 mile trip.....we are in Laughlin tonight with the trailer....I'll post pics soon....but the highlight was picking up some motors from Walt that Chad is going to assemble.....those things helped the trailer ride softer.
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
    Well.....traded my ZO 6 in Memphis....a 2062 mile trip.....we are in Laughlin tonight with the trailer....I'll post pics soon....but the highlight was picking up some motors from Walt that Chad is going to assemble.....those things helped the trailer ride softer.
    Congrats on the trailer and have a safe drive on the rest of your trip!!!.....

Comment

It was great to meet Ron and check out his new "home away from home." He was pulling the trailer with an F350 crewcab dually. It looked way over loaded. Thanks Ron for picking up my junk for Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad's Dad View Post
        It was great to meet Ron and check out his new "home away from home." He was pulling the trailer with an F350 crewcab dually. It looked way over loaded. Thanks Ron for picking up my junk for Chad.
        Don't under estimate that truck....lol....we pulled 6% grades at 65....its not a stock F350 anymore....lol....and I'm already looking at Freightliner FL 20's.... Walt.....was really great meeting you and I know we'll be seeing more of you in the future.....

Comment

Ah... just step up to an 18 wheeler n get your Class A CDL :D Hope that your trip goes well, and glad you were able to meet some people from here. I am looking forward to doing that at some time also.

Comment

Originally posted by Leadsledcaprice View Post
            Ah... just step up to an 18 wheeler n get your Class A CDL :D Hope that your trip goes well, and glad you were able to meet some people from here. I am looking forward to doing that at some time also.
            ....I have my CDL.....aalready shopping for a Freightliner FL 20 crew cab.....the F350 did awesome.....pulled 6% grades at 60-65 mph.....got 10-14 mpg depending on weather and terrain....I was pretty happy....but it is a big trailer....lol

Comment

Wow - and I'm worried about putting a couple more feet on my tilt flat bed to haul two cars to DW next year.... 53 foot! that's 3 foot longer than my pole barn! Yowza.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Wow - and I'm worried about putting a couple more feet on my tilt flat bed to haul two cars to DW next year.... 53 foot! that's 3 foot longer than my pole barn! Yowza.
                Ya...its a little intimidating to tow ....LOL....I love it though...2162 miles with almost zero issues....

Comment

Here's Walt ( Chad's Dad ) doing his logistics thing.....went really smooth...now CHAD needs to come get it ......LOL

Comment

Holy crap thats long!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

that there be one big ass trailer!
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That must have been taken with an extra long lens, and you my friend must have a 40 acre parking lot to turn that thing around!

Glad to hear the Ford Diesel is treating you well.

I do think a Toterhome rig should be your next purchase - afterall - it's easy to spend your money for ya!

At what weight / length is a Chauffer / CDL license required in most states?

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          That must have been taken with an extra long lens, and you my friend must have a 40 acre parking lot to turn that thing around!

Glad to hear the Ford Diesel is treating you well.

I do think a Toterhome rig should be your next purchase - afterall - it's easy to spend your money for ya!

At what weight / length is a Chauffer / CDL license required in most states?
                          ...I have 5 acres that is set up for big trailers....A toter home is not an option...I like having the freedom of my dually to run around town if needed....I have a CDL and the rig is about 18" over legal 65' in California...I have a lot of CHP friends here whom say it won't be a big issue....

Comment

I guess I should get my Chauffers just to be safe. Doese your CDL jack up your regular vehicle insurance rates?

I hear ya, just giving you a hard time about the toter - every additional vehicle is more insurance, registration, and maintenance.... tires on those big boys have to be a fortune!

Comment

NICE PIECE...

comfortable and cool to have all your things around you when racing/travelling/carshows..look at FL50s..they are not TOO large ..yet have decent power and visibilty...
                              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Working...
                              X