Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my 53' trailer....and got to meet Chad's Dad .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    I guess I should get my Chauffers just to be safe. Doese your CDL jack up your regular vehicle insurance rates?

I hear ya, just giving you a hard time about the toter - every additional vehicle is more insurance, registration, and maintenance.... tires on those big boys have to be a fortune!
    No it doesn't raise my rates....just makes a lot of other things very strict...like lower BAL(Blood alcohol level) of .03 is a DUI with a CDL... I really don't mind the extra cost associated with a Toter/Diesel Pusher....just like the freedom of the dually/LQ trailer option....I was going to go Toter/Stacker and buy a KIA/Hyundai just for the trailer...but its a huge waste of space...next year we'll be hauling a Jr dragster...Jr Comp...my Dart and our monster golf cart....stacker wouldn't hold it all ....this will...
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nosnerd View Post
      NICE PIECE...

comfortable and cool to have all your things around you when racing/travelling/carshows..look at FL50s..they are not TOO large ..yet have decent power and visibilty...
      I'm going to our Freightliner dealer next week to look at options..... FL20's and 50's are high on my list...also looking at F650 and Sterlings.....
      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

I had a CDL.. since I didn't drive truck for a living, the state took it away.. About the time they started to require in truck tests and all that..

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
          I'm going to our Freightliner dealer next week to look at options..... FL20's and 50's are high on my list...also looking at F650 and Sterlings.....

Hope you find something that suits your needs. I think Chevy/GMC also offer class 6/7/8 tow rig as well. Come with a Duramax and Allison trans if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

If you have a CDL and you get pulled over they are going to say you should have known better. Since you have living quarters you should title it as a RV. You might get questioned if you should have a class E. If you get a semi they might say something about the air brakes, but mostly these go over looked. You could get an engine brake, an extra bunk or two, better brakes over all (you'll need to make them electric from the truck to the trailer plug.) and way more power. I'd vote for the semi.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Wow thats very nice and very big! I get lost to often and have to make u-turns to ever have anything like that. Don't know if it matters or not, or if its true, but I think I would have one of those "not for hire" stickers on it.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X