Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder where Woz got that watch. Jim (squirrle)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder where Woz got that watch. Jim (squirrle)?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

You evidently have seen Jim's (Squirrel) watch.........it's something to behold.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Joe has met the creator of the watch (my brother) too
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
        You evidently have seen Jim's (Squirrel) watch.........it's something to behold.

his brothers watches are cool as hell, unique items for sure. I laugh everytime I see Woz's pic with that watch on...you would think someone that wealthy would be wearing a Rolex or some such nonsense...instead he is wearing a hand build watch from a dude in Tucson...too cool
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

ok, ok, I'll bite.

I remember a thread on these watches from a millenia ago, but I'm too dang lazy to look it up. Plus I wouldn't know what the hell to type into the search window.

What are they called?
          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
            ok, ok, I'll bite.

I remember a thread on these watches from a millenia ago, but I'm too dang lazy to look it up. Plus I wouldn't know what the hell to type into the search window.

What are they called?
            Wrist watches?

Comment

HA!

I put that in the search window... guess what came up...

1. "Now that embedding video is so easy..."
              2. "Attacking a monojet..."
              Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

HA!

I put that in the search window... guess what came up...

1. "Now that embedding video is so easy..."
                2. "Attacking a monojet..."
                I'm good with misinformation...

The devil made me....

Comment

Nixie or something like that. I agree with Joe, its both surprising and hilarious.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

ok, ok, I'll bite.

What are they called?
                    Jim's watch is one that you can definitely see the time in the dark..........hell you could probably
                    jump start you car with it.
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Jims watch is f-ing bad ASS

Charles

Comment

ok, ok, I'll bite.

What are they called?
                        Nixie Tube Watches...google it and there are a bunch of pics..

And yeah, jims watch is super bright, I think the luxor in vegas and jims watch are both visible from space when lit up

Comment

...but only at night! in sunlight, it's hard to see the numbers.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I didn't know there were any Nixie tubes left that still worked. When I started at EPA, all the state-of-the-art instrumentation used them. In 20 years time we couldn't find replacement tubes and the Instrumentation Lab was replacing the readouts.

What do you call these watches? Proper name: "Vintage Nerd Watches" or VNW's.

Dan

Comment

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                              X