Best deal on a Traverse ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best deal on a Traverse ever

Looks like the customer is getting one heck of a deal on his new Chevy....

A Virginia man spent four hours in jail after purchasing a Chevrolet Traverse from Priority Chevrolet in Chesapeake, VA. The dealer's sales staff accidentally sold the SUV to Danny Sawyer for $5,600 less than they should have, and when Sawyer refused to sign a new, more expensive contract for the correct amount, the dealership called the local police alleging the buyer had stolen the vehicle. Law enforcement then picked Sawyer up and held

Looks like he should be including the L/E agencies as well for the unlawful arrest ...
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

if there is a contract of sale how in the hell can they arrest you. If they screwed up, they screwed up and should have sucked it up. A signed contract is just that, if a buyer tried to get out of it he/she would not have a leg to stand on...I hope this guy pins these douchebags to the wall although 2.2 million is absurd IMO, he should be compensated.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

2.2 million is a pittance compared to lost sales that will probably result from this fiasco. There is nothing more valuable than a good name, and they just blew it. If sales drop, their best plan of attack might be to change the name and hang out a big sign "under new management".
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

no problem

Comment

The lawsuit says Sawyer originally purchased a blue Traverse on May 7, but took the SUV back the next day for a black one. The dealer's sales manager made the swap, allegedly without saying anything about a price differential between the two. Either way, Sawyer signed a final contract for around $34,000 when the vehicle he took home had an actual price of closer to $39,000. On June 15, Sawyer was taken into custody by police, but the Commonwealth dropped the charges after finding insufficient evidence to pursue the case.

Comment

I would settle for 2.1 million plus a ZR1 vette, A COPO camaro, and a ZL1 camaro
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                I would settle for 2.1 million plus a ZR1 vette, A COPO camaro, and a ZL1 camaro
                Is that all ?
                We gotta meet up in DFW next June - beers on me.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                  Would you want to keep the traverse too?

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams View Post
                    Would you want to keep the traverse too?
                    Nah.... I'd take it to Ford and trade it in for something comparable to piss them off lol.

Comment

with how ugly the traverse is, it's no wonder they arrested him - charge? felony poor taste, and (for good measure) a misdemeanor for failing to wear the pants in the family for buying a minivan rather than a Corvette.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                      X