Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worlds fastest street legal car on ebay ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC View Post
    So if Larson didn't change tires, then that means he was driving around on slicks and slicks are not DOT approved, so that would make it illegal for street use.........
    As my grandfather was fond of saying, "Stop talkin' out the side of your neck".

I'm pretty sure that it's a fact that when Larry ran Comp at Topeka is was on DOT legal Quick Time Pros. I worked on two cars last week running those, and I can tell you that they will scare you in the rain, but hook like mad.

A stereo, what I think is still factory glass and full exhaust counts as street legal in my book. Daily driver? No effing way. A "true" street car? Depends on your definition.
    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

So if Larson didn't change tires, then that means he was driving around on slicks and slicks are not DOT approved, so that would make it illegal for street use.........

IIRC .... he runs Hoosier Q/T Pro's .... those are DOT approved.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

It's not like any of the guys vying for this title are going to care what someone on an internet forum who never would compete in this event thinks.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

To me a street car would need to pass emissions to be called a street car.......
          Think about what you're saying and how it makes no sense at all.

Larry's car is a 196? Nova. Those don't require an emissions test even in the state of California. Neither would Saboury's or Frost's cars.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            A car is a street car as long as it is licensed, insured, registered and legal to drive on the road. Those who claim otherwise because a car has a funny car style cage, or runs on high octane gas, or some other whiny excuse need to remove the big stick from their backside. A car that passes inspection and has what it is required to be legal to operate on the street is a street car. Get over yourselves and deal with it.
            your dreaming if you think that car is a street car I have seen that car over the years at events on a trailer. You need to deal with it and get a better understanding of what a street car is.

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova View Post
              your dreaming if you think that car is a street car I have seen that car over the years at events on a trailer. You need to deal with it and get a better understanding of what a street car is.
              Quit being a tard. "Street Car" is exactly what Scott stated. Anything else that YOU decide to add, is YOUR call - but don't be so lame as to think YOUR weird add-ons to the definition are suddenly somehow the national standard. Street Cars are cars that are legal to drive on the Street. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                Quit being a tard. "Street Car" is exactly what Scott stated. Anything else that YOU decide to add, is YOUR call - but don't be so lame as to think YOUR weird add-ons to the definition are suddenly somehow the national standard. Street Cars are cars that are legal to drive on the Street. Period.
                It not a street car and if you were not so lame you would understand that tard

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova View Post
                  It not a street car and if you were not so lame you would understand that tard
                  I guess I am lame. But to me its absolutely retarded to say something like "if you have to change gas or tires it's not a street car!!" Well I guess the kid with the bone stock Mustang who puts on drag radials or puts a little race gas in the tank at the track... IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT A STREET CAR!!

see how lame that gets? Makes you almost sound like Stich. You can play by your own rules, but you need to be a much bigger fish if you expect the rest of the ocean to play by them as well.

Comment

Ok last one, if you can drive it in Phoenix during the summertime with Temps around 115 degrees and not died from heat exhaustion, then it is a street car....... Saying that Remy's Mirada is a street car, though it almost killed him..........

Comment

Oh look a fight between TC and DG... you never see that

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Who's fighting??, I'm not even responding to him, just adding more variables to the thread, they are not aimed at anyone......

But if he wants to assume that these statements are directed toward him, it would only be a made up fantasy in his mind that they are........

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I agree with TC, I didn't think we were arguing. You need to go camp out on the yellow bullet or some other drama queen forum so you can get your jollies while not seeming so needy. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman View Post
                            Scott, ain't got no stick up my ass man. I said I agreed with TC's opinion on what was a street car. You have your opinion I have mine. The fact that Larson can drive it the distance he does at DW is amazing but, and I'm just asking here, can he pull up to the Christmas tree after having driven for an hour or two and then run 7's? Or does he have to switch tires, adjust the tune, fiddle with carbs etc etc before he can run the number? For me, if he can do it all without having to adjust anything then that's amazing, brilliant even. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking him at all, don't even know him, and I think it's really cool that he can do what he does, but I'm sticking with TC's original definition <not the emission one>
                            I do the same stuff on 14 second Impala when I race it.. I guess it's not a street car either.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think the loud clanging keyboard claims that a car isn't a street car if it comes with a functioning hood or removable wheels and tires, is pushing it just a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                                I guess I am lame. But to me its absolutely retarded to say something like "if you have to change gas or tires it's not a street car!!" Well I guess the kid with the bone stock Mustang who puts on drag radials or puts a little race gas in the tank at the track... IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT A STREET CAR!!

see how lame that gets? Makes you almost sound like Stich. You can play by your own rules, but you need to be a much bigger fish if you expect the rest of the ocean to play by them as well.
                                Much bigger than you will every be

Comment

Working...
                                X