Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Jack Stand......

So who's got one??

What ride do you have sitting on Jack Stands at this time??......

Mine's still my '71 Camaro......

Also any cars on wheel dollies, cinder blocks, wood blocks, hoists, etc... that have been sitting for a bit count to.....
    Last edited by TC; October 8, 2012, 01:04 PM.

My S-10 frame is still sitting on jack stands, does that count?

Comment

TBird's not technically on stands, but I guess I'm in this crew.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

This is where I should come in and tell you how to "jackstand" your car, but I know I don't have enough experience since all my cars are mobile at least 3/4 of the year.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

As of Saturday the old Toyota cressida better is my only one. GTA is getting new tires as is write this. The Toyota has a worped head. Haven't decided if I'm going to junk it or SBC it. ( it is rear wheel drive )
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Right now the Volvo is on stands, the new tires should be here tomorrow. My other projects are all rollers.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              This is where I should come in and tell you how to "jackstand" your car, but I know I don't have enough experience since all my cars are mobile at least 3/4 of the year.
              bragging will get a full load of Mr. Murphy coming down around your ears

y'ain't a car guy if you don't have something on stands
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I qualify with my 84 mustang. And I'm not doing anything "cool" to it other than a stock 302 efi swap. LAME.
                I am about 12 spliced wires, a fuel pump and fuel lines away from being disqualified from the glamorous Bangshift pro-jackstand category.
                The biggest hang up is driving a 100 miles to turn wrenches on it.
                Jeff
                Follow My Build

Comment

My '88 'Stang w/ '96 5.8 liter. Some day (I keep on saying).

Dan

Comment

'86 SVO, on jackstands
                    other '86 SVO, on jackstands
                    '89 Mustang racecar, on jackstands
                    '74 Alfa GTV, on jackstands

Introducing a new category, Pro-flat-tire in the weeds:

'67 Buick Riviera
                    '48 Ford 8n
                    Indeterminate age Case 580ck.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      same here.
                      jack stands end up being a wheel. Can't just use any ol wheel..
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Just this one. Its been like this for a while now, but will get attention this winter. Everything else is on wheels, this one has dollies under it so its easy to move. Got another set for the LeMans, both of them will get work this winter if the health thing gets better.

Had the winter beater up on stands for a few days, had to do brake lines. Man it takes a long damn time to do stuff when you cant breathe, and when it is freakin raining all the damn time. Lines are done, brakes work great, stupid muffler is rusted out so its getting a straight pipe as soon as I can get enough O2 in my lungs.

Comment

TC, the Camaro that languishes on the jack stands is purely by choice. Since I've known you, you have messing with other cars, spending money on speed parts for other cars. Whether it's conscious or not, you have no interest in finishing the one you started first. If you focus on that one car, it would be rolling under it's own power by next summer.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post

Ok new Category.... Pro Engine Hoist........

And how about Pro Engine Stand, how many of you have a complete engine sitting on an engine stand..... I got two.......

Comment

Well, my Charger was for the past year and a half, but I got the trans fixed and back in in August, so I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                              X