Pulled an all nighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled an all nighter

Going to Hemmings Muscle Machines race at LVD Sunday. I couldn't stand to look at the paint on the Mustang, so last night we did some very minor body work and masked it off and sprayed it in primer. Of course we had some set backs, like the tintable primer not taking the color we had planned. So a quick trip to the shop at 3:00 AM to get some other colors I had laying around and we ended up with a gray-ish blue. Or is that Blue-ish grey? Anyway it looks better already than the 20 year old base/clear rush job somebody did in TX. This is what the car looked like before, will post new pics after we unwrap the thing today. New trim and bumpers will go on too. Pretty much got done in time to sleep 2 hrs and make it back to work.

Re: Pulled an all nighter

Hell, wish my paint/body looked THAt good.......rust belt blues...LOL

Post up when you can, interested in the finished results.

Comment

Yes, more pics. Lots. That car is my #1 wish list car. Acapulco blue 69 Mach 1. Mmmmm.....
      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I have to agree . Looks pretty good. But I also know you can really hide alot with lighting and such .

Comment

Always liked that Body Style.

Comment

WHEELS ooooo what sexy wheels,i love the stock looking rims really wide look.
            BITCHIN mustang

Comment

Got to get me one of those Mustang Fastbacks. I'd rather have the '69 model as shown,rather than the '70(I like the 'Quadra-Lights' of the '69 model a bit more than the '70...) ;). ~OO6.

Comment

Here's what the car looks like now. Not quite finished with some of the trim, but we did what we could before leaving for the race. These pics were taken as I waited for what would be my last race of the day in the quarter finals.

Comment

and a 'FO Speed....sweet!

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

i lik eit i have a weakness for satin paint jobs looks tough 8)

Comment

Actually Brian, that's a Hurst Q-stick, but the car will be a 4 speed eventually. I have a complete, correct 4 speed set up for the car, toploader and all. That probably won't happen until I swap in the '69 Windsor motor.

Comment

Satin paint, Cragars up front, & slicks on steelies out back, can't get much better than that. Car looks cool.
                        sigpic

Comment

DRATS.....fooled again! >

Stick jammer or not, that thing is really cool.

Not a bad day of racing either if you made it to the quarterfinals.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The car was hot on my last run, threw my dial off. I was in the 14.50-16.49 class and was running 14.50's so I didn't dare run it harder. I was leaving off idle. If I foot brake it, I know there is a low 14 in there somewhere. Had one time trial due to the turn out of cars (almost 400 I think) First elimination was my best, 14.58 on a 14.55 dial.

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey
                              Satin paint, Cragars up front, & slicks on steelies out back, can't get much better than that. Car looks cool.
                              What he said. Nice.
                              1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Working...
                              X