Cool '66 Buick for sale semi-local.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool '66 Buick for sale semi-local.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

NICE!

Dan

Comment

You know, as I was in the middle of my 10 hour drive to BFE; I thought to myself, "you know, SBG, you haven't seen a good yellow and purple Buick in a coons age. And really, if it had purple and yellow interior to match, that'd be snazzy." Thank you so much for fulfilling that desire..... now please, kill it with fire preferably with the bastard who put the rain roof in (the one that has 3 positions from which it can leak).
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 10, 2012, 09:21 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

MY EYES!!!!

I'm not sure what's worse- the hubcaps, the giant cracked bondo dent, or the color combination.

Keep your kids off drugs folks, seriously.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Gotcha! Muhahahaha.......

What's ironic is I only wish my '66 was in as fair of condition. I feel driven to save that poor car, but sanity will prevail.

Comment

With enormous wheels and rubber band tires- there's probably a market for it on ebay - if you could live with yourself - enough profit would make it seem OK.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              Gotcha! Muhahahaha.......

What's ironic is I only wish my '66 was in as fair of condition. I feel driven to save that poor car, but sanity will prevail.
              good, I didnt want to hurt your feelings by telling you you need to have your eyes checked and maybe go see a shrink cuz youre out of your damn mind.

i dont know whats worse, the yellow and purple paint, the interior, those bitchin' Pep Boys hub caps, the white walls or the layers of rust and bondo...
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                good, I didnt want to hurt your feelings by telling you you need to have your eyes checked and maybe go see a shrink cuz youre out of your damn mind.

i dont know whats worse, the yellow and purple paint, the interior, those bitchin' Pep Boys hub caps, the white walls or the layers of rust and bondo...
                he was just getting in touch with his 'other' side and, as Seinfeld would say, not that there's anything wrong with that
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 11, 2012, 10:11 AM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I haven't seen a '66 Buick special, or post sedan anyway, since I took mine appart in 1991-ish to 'restore' it!
                  Then my folks took it to a junk yard in pieces after several years of laying in the back yard. (Yes I am/was an idiot!)

Mine was originally a bench seat, column-shift v6 car, but had zero power anything. What was cool about it was stuff like the rubber floor mat, perfect cloth/vinyl interior Buick with amazing original 25 year old (at the time) red lacquer paint that, when polished out, that looked very good.
                  I put a 350/350 SB-Buick in it from a 72 GS.
                  So while this is currently damn ugly, it could be cool!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mike343sharpstick; October 11, 2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Cool Mike.....if I didn't know the history of mine back to 1988, I'd wonder.

This is my beast. 225 Wildcat V6, 2 speed SuperTurbine with switch-pitch converter (cool little transmission) carpet car.

Oh, and mine is a hardtop. Yours and the yellow one seem to be post cars?

Does this picture bring back any swapping memories for you Mike?

Last edited by STINEY; October 11, 2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Very cool!
                      I’d forgotten about the long radiator shroud and how short that v6 was in that car. I don’t remember a ton from that time in my life, but I do remember doing the swap with a rented cherry picker and tiny tool box, outside in the parking area of my rented efficiency apartment.

I spilled trans fluid everywhere, and the exhaust was a liberal use of flex pipe and embarrassingly pour fabrication. Putting cars together on just over minimum wage was interesting.

I also remember that with my limited skills, the swap to a small block Buick from the v6 was a no-brainer, because had it taken any skills or brains, it wouldn’t have gotten done.

I have a thing for base-model post cars. From a young age I was enamored by the Super Stock cars of the early 60’s. So my first cars were all post cars. I’d always planned to put the biggest motor from the given time period into the car, as if GM had stayed in racing through the 60’s and created such a thing.

Is that a factory sunroof on that yellow car then?!?!

Comment

I have all the original manuals and a cool option book that came with my Special..........there was some neat stuff available, but I'm afraid that a sunroof was NOT on the list.

Did you know that Hazard lights were optional in '66? True.

Comment

Working...
                        X