You gotta love rockauto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gotta love rockauto!

It's been about a year since I did any real work on my wife's 69 Mustang. I had installed a basically new brake system, hard lines and all. I've been wanting to get back to it but one thing after another has gotten in the way, like money. This car was last on the road or so the inspection sticker says 1986. Along with the tires being dry rotted so is everything else with rubber, like belts, hoses and so on. While I'm doing all of this I thought it prudent to install a new timing chain set as well even though the odometer reads 65,000 which I tend to believe but we've all seen enough of factory timing chains after a little while.

So off to rockauto last night and ordered a ton of shit. New Gates WP, new Carter FP, Upper and lower radiator hoses along with a by pass hose all made by Goodyear, 3 new belts, again Goodyear, new Cloyes single link timing chain, Felpro gasket set, new PS pressure & return hoses along with the 2 hoses between the ram and control valve. All for the princely sum of $173.24 delivered! Fricken awesum!
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

they are awesome, dont get discouraged when you get the goodyear stuff, most of it is marked really plain like it was for private names

I am not sure but it might be the line they import from china with so many of their tires.

Comment

the old rubber, it really has to go. glad you got good deal.
      I found the bad stuff right into a 1987..and for the midget car I am working that means into the 90s.
      sickening . no ambiguity intended.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

at the auto mall chevy store ...worked on a 73 mach 1 the local napa store had all the 302 parts in stock

Comment

Rock Auto is great, I buy from them as often as possible. Last month I got all of the front suspension stuff for the S-10 for $163.42 shipped, all Raybestos, good quality.

Comment

Glad you've had good luck with them - did it all come from the same warehouse? It really ticks me off when I get to the shopping cart and only then find out the order has to come from 3 places and will cost a bunch in shipping.

Sounds like that mustang will be ready for the road come spring!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I've had great luck with them .... I let some parts sit around that I didn't need, past their 90 day return window. Called them up and explained what happened, couldn't give me a refund, but they did give store credit for the full value of the return.
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                I've had great luck with them .... I let some parts sit around that I didn't need, past their 90 day return window. Called them up and explained what happened, couldn't give me a refund, but they did give store credit for the full value of the return.
                wow, that's really awesome.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

when I checked it was a 30 day window.... maybe I'll call them, I'd be happy with store credit, just eat the shipping to get the stuff back to them.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    Glad you've had good luck with them - did it all come from the same warehouse? It really ticks me off when I get to the shopping cart and only then find out the order has to come from 3 places and will cost a bunch in shipping.

Sounds like that mustang will be ready for the road come spring!
                    Timing chain came today but I'm not in a real rush. I still have to pull it apart. Just having the parts is a good start. Next big project is a new gas tank and hard fuel line. Some suspension bits would be great but they would be bigger front sway bar, roller spring perches and adjustable struts. Oh, let's not forget good shocks and slightly stiffer front springs and lowering the UCA.
                    Last edited by Huskinhano; October 11, 2012, 05:18 PM.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                      when I checked it was a 30 day window.... maybe I'll call them, I'd be happy with store credit, just eat the shipping to get the stuff back to them.
                      Yea, its quite possible I have the number wrong, whatever the time frame .... I was way over. Good company w/great customer service.
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                        Rock Auto is great, I buy from them as often as possible. Last month I got all of the front suspension stuff for the S-10 for $163.42 shipped, all Raybestos, good quality.
                        I got the entire front end for the 66 chevelle there all in stock too. who knows what those kits on ebay have for parts, but get Moog, Bendix or Raybestos stuff in stock for less and its all good. Only thing I didnt buy were the control arm bushings since I dont have the old ones off to measure yet, but at least there are two sizes to choose from so I will get the right one when I do order them.

As far as the over 30 days, even if there is a restocking fee, since most returns go back to Georgia I think to be checked before rewarehoused, its still cheaper than taking a huge loss trying to sell them.
                        Last edited by anotheridiot; October 12, 2012, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X