Why {Rant Thread}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why {Rant Thread}

The gas gauge in the 72' seized up so i basically ran out of gas twice. Took apart the dashboard today to find nothing but rust on the back of the gauge, washers and the connector inside the dashboard. Checked the ohms and the ceramic isn't broken. I put the dash together,turn the key and it went right to full which is correct cause i got about $91 bucks of gas in the tank.

Starter job me and my dad did took 9 hours. Checking wires,cleaning grease,old starter not wanting to come out and new one not wanting to go in didn't help.

Then, my dad's car stops running to top the week off. He gets gas near this job and had to half throttle it home to the garage and that's were it's at now.

Its gotta be the gas, problem is how the hell am i going to get rid of it and then were am I going to go to get new gas that's not going to be basically water cause it seems everyone I know is either having issues with Diesel and regular gas in this town.

October is already giving me headaches, but i gotta give it the middle finger and go on with it.
    Last edited by Runner1972; October 10, 2012, 05:58 PM.
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

I wonder what is going round.
    bad batch ..
    my dads rig and my little sube, same time..fuel errors.

added some "kill em" anti algae, and I went with no paper elements in the filters anywhere.

return lines set to seep a little helps keeps things busy.

I went further to blame the sun cycle. Strange I know...
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 10, 2012, 05:59 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I actually blamed the full moon that's been out cause it seems whenever it's out weird stuff like this happens

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Need to find a better place to get gas!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Need to find a better place to get gas!
          That's hard considering alot of the gas stations around here are run by cheapskates and rather not spend the cash to get new tanks. I've know people lately that are getting gas from the Local junkyard, which is crazy.I only know of two places that got new tanks, but driving there to get gas is just wasting it driving back.

-Steve McQueen

Comment

When I worked at a scrap yard, whenever I asked the boss for gas $$ for work errands, he would say " fill up from the drained tanks" i HATED that gas... Dirty, water and who knows what!

Comment

On Tuesday my truck got a ride to the mechanic shop to get its tank drained of water. I filled up, the light on the dash came on brightly and didn't go off. I had filled both tanks. Ah well, the station made it right.

and to answer the question forming in your minds - no, I didn't start it; and in two 22 gallon tanks there were 10 and 18 gallons of waterl
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 11, 2012, 07:33 AM.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
              X