No announcement yet.

Road Trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a safe trip guys!..... If you happen to get anywhere near the Denver area, let me know, dinner is on me!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
      Have a safe trip guys!..... If you happen to get anywhere near the Denver area, let me know, dinner is on me!
      That's worth a trip to Denver. Hmmmmm....nope can't do it. Not this year anyhow.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

If we make it near Denver we have a free overnight in Arvada with ME's aunt or her daughter who lives near that old amusement park with the wooden roller coaster (can't think of the name of the place). And we could hook up with you.

We'll see, I guess. I PM'd you my phone number.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          If we make it near Denver we have a free overnight in Arvada with ME's aunt or her daughter who lives near that old amusement park with the wooden roller coaster (can't think of the name of the place). And we could hook up with you.

Dan
          BEWARE: My phone does NOT make Dan's phone ring. We proved that in Ohio.

Just sayin'.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Avanti Fetch

Not sure, Phil, but I'd guess Thursday. What do you think, David? David is the navigator so he's in charge of such things - I'm just the co-pilot.

Dan
            If all goes smooth at my project site in Ohio we should be passed there Wednesday Night

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
              Hi,
              had planned on going I-40, seemed at a glance the fastest route......Our goal is to get to Paso Robles, CA. with enough time to get to know the car and the folks who have been racing it, then bust @$$ to El-Mirage to address some tech & log book issues with the car and to just Hang out and enjoy the event. We will be in NO rush on the return trip so.........................

Any input from anyone on the fastest/ best route I-40 or Northern I-70 - I-76 ? Other ?

Comment

I live about 5 miles from the Eastern end of I-40 so it would be kinda fun to drive the length of it - but that's NOT a priority on this trip. There's a DOT road sign heading out of town that says "Bakersfield, CA 2446 (or some such) Miles). Just sort of matter-of-fact.

I'm allergic to cold so warmer/more Southerly is better but we will be in a heated truck so it's really not a big deal. We'll see how it goes.

Dan

Comment

Be safe and have fun. I'm leaving for Vegas in a week, and then headed to Pomona.
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

If it's warm you want, I-10 and shoot north in Cali. That brings you near PHX, and I'd love to check out this car.
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Lakeside amusement park .... about a 1/2 hour from my place. Some pretty good Italian places up there.
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I live about 5 miles from the Eastern end of I-40 so it would be kinda fun to drive the length of it - but that's NOT a priority on this trip. There's a DOT road sign heading out of town that says "Bakersfield, CA 2446 (or some such) Miles). Just sort of matter-of-fact.
                        This isn't my picture, but I have one exactly like it. From Bishop, CA.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hey everyone. My name is Garrett, I'm the nephew tagin along on this adventure. Just wanted to introduce myself.
                          --Don't drive faster that your guardian angel can fly--

Comment

Hi Garrett. I'll meet you tomorrow night. I hope you're better with the Blackberry than I am.

Dan
                            Last edited by DanStokes; October 14, 2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dragracer2631 View Post
                              Hey everyone. My name is Garrett, I'm the nephew tagin along on this adventure. Just wanted to introduce myself.
                              Welcome to the site...

Of course he knows blackberryeese..

Comment

Now Here is our Story:

I have always wanted to LSR Several years ago at a trip to speed week Celeste, ( my daughter) Garrett ,(Nephew) and I all made an agreement. I mean the spit in your hand and shake on it kind ! So...we all swore an oath, on the salt, to one another that we would attempt to be in the 200 mph club ! They both agreed that if I couldn't acheive this goal in my lifetime that they would carry on this pursuit. In the past I have started several projects in this pursuit that due to timing or lack of funds to complete got sold off or could not continue.
                                So...here is our chance.......... Hope to get both Garrett and Celeste in this car racing ECTA events then head to the salt when we are ready.

Looking forward to getting the car back home ...........

( Both Garrett and Celeste have raced JR DRagsters , Celeste since she was 7 yrs old Garrett since he was 10...)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by rack4u; October 14, 2012, 11:53 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
                                X