No announcement yet.

Road Trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any BSers we meet on our trip after the car please sign our Avanti Moon Disc.....When we make it to run on the salt we will make sure to run this disc on the car......
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know what your return time frame is looking like, or route, but in two weeks I'll be heading south through Vegas and Kingman (I-40). Keep us up to speed on your route and time frames as they're known
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Garrett & I are just setting out for OHIO....leaving from the Great Smokey Mountains of Western NC just as the 1st wave of "LEAFERS" settle in....

Trees are just starting to get some good color...
        Attached Files

Comment

seeing views like that makes me want to leave this god forsaken flat ass gulf coast shit hole of an area I live in
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Avanti Fetch

So....Dan made it to Columbus today, We have a choice of taking my work van or Dan's truck

Dan's Truck it is !!!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rack4u; October 15, 2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

That cummins should treat you right and it's lower now so Dan doesn't need a step ladder to get in and out of it anymore.

Remind the old man to put a quart of ATF in the fuel every once in a while to keep that pump happy.

Enjoy, drive safe - and if your return trip swings you near Detroit, we'll get together, if not - we'll see you in Wilmington next year.
              Last edited by milner351; October 16, 2012, 08:45 AM.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I just took the I-40 from Memphis to California...not a bad trip.... I hauled my ZO6 out to Memphis and traded it for a 53' trailer... I've done the I-10 from Calif to Texas this year(Hot...ugly...nothingness)...The I-40 Memphis to California (Memphis west goes from lush green to desert...but Laughlin Nevada and Hoover Dam are on the way...Vegas is a short hop North of there) I-70 from Denver to Calif(Holy HELL those passes are brutal...but Vail and Eagle are some of the most beautiful places EVER....If you go I-70 stop in Frisco,Co for some of the best Cajun food ever at the Lost Cajun)...I-70 turns into I-15...VEGAS BABY !!!!!!!....ask me anything you need to know....but the best route for diesel stops is the I-40...they are EVERYWHERE....well except for McClean,Tx....LOL
                Good luck and if you get close to Famoso on Saturday...Calif Hot Rod Reunion will be in full swing !!!!

Dropped of this(Pic was taken off of I-40 at Berringer Meteor Crater)

Picked up this just east of Memphis at the Pilot Truck Stop off the I-40

And met Chad's Dad in Oklahoma to pick up some motors to help load the trailer down...LOL

It was a total MANVENTURE !!!!.....lots of pics we cannot post......watch The Hangover....ya...our Vegas was like that....LOL
                The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Nice Trailer !!! Nice Z06 !!!!

Comment

Avanti Fetch

Hi All,

Got gone from Ohio today...Stopped in Fulton, Mo. for the night...
                    Attached Files

Comment

We are still alive! We made it to Amarillo Texas in mostly one peace. I think David is going to put some of the pictures up of some cool stuff we saw all along the way.
                      --Don't drive faster that your guardian angel can fly--

Comment

Avanti Fetch

Hello,
                        Like Garrett said we made it to Amarillo, Garrett and I are trying to drive as much as possible due to Dan's driving style:

He tends to bounce from the left rumble strip to the right rumble strip, AT RANDOM ! LOL

I feel like a human pinball ball.....................Cummins powered pinball that is ( Got 24 mpg yesterday )
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by rack4u; October 18, 2012, 04:50 AM. Reason: add

Comment

We also made a Stop in Clinton , OK at "JIGG'S" I kept thinking Dan was talking about "JEGS" Tried to tell him they were back in OHIO......

JIGG'S is a small road side BBQ Shack that is wonderfull...................
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by rack4u; October 18, 2012, 04:52 AM.

Comment

We may have to back track here later............

Originally posted by rack4u View Post
                            We also made a Stop in Clinto , OK at "JIGGS" I kept thinking Dan was talking about "JEGS" Tried to tell him they were back in OHIO......

JIGGS is a small road side BBQ Shack that is wonderfull...................

Comment

Gotta tell ya, David was having the same rumble strip issue! They had the rumble strips right in the white lines in MO and we were ALL having trouble with this.

Just Sayin'.......

Dan

Originally posted by rack4u View Post
                              Hello,
                              Like Garrett said we made it to Amarillo, Garrett and I are trying to drive as much as possible due to Dan's driving style:

He tends to bounce from the left rumble strip to the right rumble strip, AT RANDOM ! LOL

I feel like a human pinball ball.....................Cummins powered pinball that is ( Got 24 mpg yesterday )

Comment

Need more toe-in on the alignment!
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X