No announcement yet.

Road Trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told y'all to drive on the rumble strips!
    glad to see y'all are listening!

Comment

YES! Dan - did you adjust the alignment for optimal land speed performance? C'mon - you got to put that 1/2 turn per side back into it before you drive it on da road! ;-)

24mpg huh? what speed are you driving? Do you have Michelins on that truck?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

No progress report or updates since yesterday morning? Do we need to put out an "All Points Bulletin" for three missing Bangshift speedfreaks in a Dodge Cummins?
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
          No progress report or updates since yesterday morning? Do we need to put out an "All Points Bulletin" for three missing Bangshift speedfreaks in a Dodge Cummins?
          I can vouch for them....updates from the road are tough at times.....we "THOUGHT" we'd do it too on the Calif to Memphis run....didn't happen......the road is long and tough....lol
          The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
            I can vouch for them....updates from the road are tough at times.....we "THOUGHT" we'd do it too on the Calif to Memphis run....didn't happen......the road is long and tough....lol
            long and tough? what, the a/c is broke? perhaps you had to clean bugs off your windshield? I'm sure the pioneers who came across the prairies would sympathize with you and say "boy, I'm glad I didn't have it as tough as those BS guys"

personally I figure the youngsters, seizing the opportunity to travel faster than "old geezer" dumped the adults off and are on their way to Wally world
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 19, 2012, 09:20 AM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              long and tough? what, the a/c is broke? perhaps you had to clean bugs off your windshield? I'm sure the pioneers who came across the prairies would sympathize with you and say "boy, I'm glad I didn't have it as tough as those BS guys"

personally I figure the youngsters, seizing the opportunity to travel faster than "old geezer" dumped the adults off and are on their way to Wally world
              ....Towing or riding in a pick up sucks...our problem was 2 days poolside at the Flamingo in Vegas......hangovers and long hauls didn't mix well......
              The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

I'll attest to riding in a pickup. Mpg sucks at 75 mph and 20-30 mph headwinds. Left Illinois 6:00 am, in Guymon OK for the night. 750 miles.
                You Arizona guys, Albuquerque to Phoenix should I go through Showlow or Flagstaff? Interested in time not scenery.

Comment

Alright, NOW I'm worried. Radio silence from the roadworthy crew after photos and narrative. Were they hijacked and raped? Or worse?

Radio silence. Missing.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

They are in the Bermuda Triangle of the highway of flats and no internet service..
                    Reeee Lax, they are Fiiiine....( I hope)....

Comment

Avanti Fetch

Sorry not to post but we have encountered a few problems:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Avanti Fetch

And then
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rack4u View Post
                          And then
                          Ohhhh no. As long as Mary Ann brought enough clothes for three years. Well, better without clothes.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            They are in the Bermuda Triangle of the highway of flats and no internet service..
                            Reeee Lax, they are Fiiiine....( I hope)....
                            Yes we did but it's the "Bakersfield Triangle"

We plan on going to Fomoso Dragstrip this morning.....then to Peterson Museum.....Then Sunday is the dry lake bed race at El-Mirage Poor I-net service and broke my laptop.....

When the corner got broken it wiped out the on and off switch.....But we managed to straight wire it.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by rack4u; October 20, 2012, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Avanti Fetch

OH and BTW: We got the Avanti
                              Last edited by rack4u; October 20, 2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rack4u View Post
                                OH and BTW: We got the Avanti
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X