No announcement yet.

Road Trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you guys made it.....welcome to Calif......now go home !!!!!!!......lol
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Congrats at the half way point. I got to get out there some day. Yuma about as far as I've gotten in the south west.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I broke out of jail and spent the night at a half-way house in Lost Hills, CA - or a Motel Six (is there a difference?).

Sorry for the period of silence. We did BIG driving for a day or so, trying to get here to scoop up the car.

Let's try to post more pics.......

Nope, won't take those pics for some reason. We'll try uploading some shots for other cameras we have long and see how that works.

Later
        Dan

Comment

NEWS FLASH!!!!!! BULLETIN!!!!!

I just got a call from the traveling troupe. It was David using Dan's phone. They are having sooooo much fun, all we did was laugh hysterically....seems that Dan had a particular .. uh ...pressing need that he couldn't find a place to do in Las Angeles. So they had to wait until they got to Pasadena.

The reason they called....gosh they were laughing so hard, and made me laugh right back at them because of it - David said they thought of me right away, that I could write a country song about it and it would be done before they got back!!!!

Oh hell yes. Uh-huh. Yep. Gosh, whatta laugh on the phone.

I've got some studio work to do quick, and the guys are safe and having the time of their lives. I heard it in person.

EDIT: Gosh, I've never been asked to write a song before. Not on command from a phone call from California, not something that was not my idea. But from that phone call, I've already got it, I've got the words. They're done. Tomorrow I'll hook up all the wires and stuff and get at it. The song title will be, "Pissing in Pasadena." The charge is that I get it done before they get back home. Okay, here we go.
          Last edited by pdub; October 20, 2012, 05:22 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

BUMP! The intrepid road crew called ME from California! They want a song to go with it. It's not often a song's words are published before the song is ever recorded, but we have to have this ready before they get back home, by hilarious mandate. Any help in the Weeville studio would be appreciated. I think this'll be in the key of C, will know more tomorrow:

We're going to buy an Avanti
            It's way out west
            We'll pile up in Dan's big pickup
            It's nearly fast at best

We're gonna go down the highway
            And drive on the rumble strips
            Take a whole lot of photos
            And post them on BangShift

(Bridge)

But life is different on the West Coast
            It sure ain't like back home
            Back home you can pee where you want to
            When you've had a Diet Coke

(Big sound - Chorus)

Dan's pissing in Pasadena
            He couldn't hold it no more
            LA didn't have a place to go
            Like a 7-11 store
            Tried to hang it out the window
            And everybody gawked
            Had to squeeze his legs together
            And now he can barely walk

Comment

Avanti Fetch

Here are a Few pics of the Avanti
              Attached Files

Comment

Pee-Wee That captures the moment perfect

Thanks...

Just got to a Motel Close to El-Mirage.....Have been having I-net issues with my Hot-Spot, Motel has fair I-net so hope to get some pics up tonight

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                BUMP! The intrepid road crew called ME from California! They want a song to go with it. It's not often a song's words are published before the song is ever recorded, but we have to have this ready before they get back home, by hilarious mandate. Any help in the Weeville studio would be appreciated. I think this'll be in the key of C, will know more tomorrow:

We're going to buy an Avanti
                It's way out west
                We'll pile up in Dan's big pickup
                It's nearly fast at best

We're gonna go down the highway
                And drive on the rumble strips
                Take a whole lot of photos
                And post them on BangShift

(Bridge)

But life is different on the West Coast
                It sure ain't like back home
                Back home you can pee where you want to
                When you've had a Diet Coke

(Big sound - Chorus)

Dan's pissing in Pasadena
                He couldn't hold it no more
                LA didn't have a place to go
                Like a 7-11 store
                Tried to hang it out the window
                And everybody gawked
                Had to squeeze his legs together
                And now he can barely walk

Comment

I'll do the best I can on the song David. It's so cool you guys are having so much fun.

RE the song, Sue Unit and I have already discussed it (she helped write it) and we know already the recording deck will be the biggest challenge, the technical part of it. Not the deck itself, but getting the end result over to the computer. We will, this one has to be done.

As for the performance of it, I know full well that God gave me some measure of talent. But He didn't give me much ability. Those are two different things - talent and ability. And I know where I stand. I always like to quote my brother-in-law who said, "I can dance like John Travolta on the inside, but it just won't come out."

Whatever, as long as it's fun to do. Song coming up, film at eleven.

Comment

I know it will not sound as good but take video with your camera and post to youtube!
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Dan here.

We're doing our domestic responsibilities this AM (laundry) followed by a trip to ElMirage. Got a Tshirt at FAMOSO yesterday so I can go for one more day but it was TIME for laundry.

David is workin' the phones but when he comes back in we'll see if he brought a cable to unload my camera and we can post more pics.

PW - the song is spot on! Thanks for that and it's GENUINELY appreciated. Will Sue Unit sing back-up vocals?

Interesting thing on this trip. While I knew David before we've now spent a TON of time together and we still like each other. And Young Garrett is an absolute joy - I have to fight the urge to "grandpa" him too much but I do a little. These memories will live on.

David didn't mention that we had a little trouble going up Grapevine Pass. That thing is a SOB! Truck went lean then overheated so we had to pull to the side and wait. Once the old boy cooled off (didn't boil over or anything) we babied him and all was OK. I'll add an electric fan with a manual switch for these rare instances and today we'll change the fuel filter because we think that's why he went lean - that filter was installed the day I got the truck and he's been all over tghe US since then so it HAS to be due anyhow. Should have done it before I left - silly me.

Hope all are well and happy
                      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                        I know it will not sound as good but take video with your camera and post to youtube!
                        That's a grand idea Russell, but I'm exactly handsome enough for radio!

This will be one of those songs where the end result never really existed. And I do it backward from what's "right" in the studio. I've got the vocal laid down already, you're supposed to do that last. Then I'll play along with that on the bass and whatever else my warped mind tells me to put in there.

Comment

Alright, here it is. With Unit on backup vocal on the title line-line.

Comment

Now that it's done, I'm completely addicted to the song. The guys on the road wrote it, by circumstance alone. I love it, I hate it. I hate that I love it. I can't quit listening to it, over and over, and that's just plain not right. A damn ear worm, a new one. Dadgummit.

Comment

DANG! Couldn't get it to open on David's laptop. I'll try again later but it says there is trouble with the plug-in and I checked - the dang thing IS plugged in. Maybe David can get it to work.

Anyhow, went to El Mirage today as planned. I got to see lots of Bonneville friends and that was GREAT. Also got to experience some ElMo runs but they got blown off the track at about 2:45 and we got there late so we didn't see too much.

Anyhow, we had the tech staff look at it and we know what to do to bring everything up to snuff. Not too much, really and everything is fixable. General agreement that the paint has GOT to go!

We're also transporting a 1963 Studebaker automatic trans back to South Carolina (not too far from David's place) from the Avanti's former owner to one of the guys who lent him an engine for his quest - sort of a way to pay back. It's an old cast iron case Borg Warner (I think) and is heavy as lead. Also, a cast iron bell housing for it and some other supporting gear.

We still haven't changed Truck's fuel filter but will tomorrow AM. We're all sort of tuckered out and decided to stay in Victorville (near El Mirage) over night tonight. David negotiated a good deal on a real nice motel so we're feeling classy tonight.

NOW - we got my camera to talk to David's computer so I'll see what I can download. Here come pics:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Avanti Fetch

PeeWee

Just heard your song.....that is great!!!!

QUOTE=peewee;693083]That's a grand idea Russell, but I'm exactly handsome enough for radio!

This will be one of those songs where the end result never really existed. And I do it backward from what's "right" in the studio. I've got the vocal laid down already, you're supposed to do that last. Then I'll play along with that on the bass and whatever else my warped mind tells me to put in there.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                                X