X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news ..

After 9 + months of trying

I signed a contract on my home / shop in Texas

The end result is no where near what I wanted but, at least someone wanted it for the shop

I hope I don't jinx the deal by annoucing it , but I was about ready to take it off the market anyway and try again in the spring

Never thought it would be that hard to sell a nice / new Home and shop ..Beagle seen it ,he can attest to how nice it was

Oh well, life goes one ..

Next place I build will be a SHOP / home ..instead
    sigpic

Bummer. I'm renting out my old house instead of trying to sell it on an iffy market. Hope nothing hangs it up.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The real estate market is s-l-o-w-l-y warming up but it'll be a long slog back. A realtor I know in The Southland is full-time busy now and homes around here are selling pretty well - but not for high prices. No idea how the market is in Ely! Dad was a realtor so I open my ears when info comes my way - kind of an automatic response.

Dan

Comment

I lived in the country on 2 acres , neighbor listed his house Aug 2011 and did well in 55 days, house was a twin more or less

My shop was at least twice as nice , I had hard surfaced driveways, rv hookups. central ac/heat in shop , etc

silly me , thought that would add value .. realtor told me (the shop) had zero value ..I laughed

But, it in the end the shop sold the house , just took the right person to need / want the shop
        oh and he is single ..go figure
        sigpic

Comment

Good luck on the sale. We had two mortgages for 18 months when we moved 50 miles up the road. Hope to never do that again.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

When I had the house in Ann arbor appraised, my shop was listed a "hyper-adequacy". Always got a chuckle out of that. Evidently, in Real Estate Land, a 3 car with heat, an in-ground hoist, window AC, a 24X12 storage loft, and plumbed air supply is no different than a 3 car empty box. We got a good price for the place but the folks who bought it had no use for the shop. John (Milner) has seen it - nice shop!

Dan

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
            I lived in the country on 2 acres , neighbor listed his house Aug 2011 and did well in 55 days, house was a twin more or less

My shop was at least twice as nice , I had hard surfaced driveways, rv hookups. central ac/heat in shop , etc

silly me , thought that would add value .. realtor told me (the shop) had zero value ..I laughed

But, it in the end the shop sold the house , just took the right person to need / want the shop
            oh and he is single ..go figure

Comment

yup - nice place - too bad the timing was off, I could have had fun with your old place Dan, just a few more miles to work each day.

The real estate and stock market has handed my generation a big dog poo sandwich. We were always told a house is your best investment buy the most house you can afford it..... ya - that didn't work and the house we live in may never be worth what we paid for it. The temptation to walk away is enormous.... just can't do it.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                Good luck on the sale. We had two mortgages for 18 months when we moved 50 miles up the road. Hope to never do that again.
                Yeah I've been doing the double mortgage thing since August, so 3 months, and it's already old! But I'm looking to rent it out until I'm tired of renters. Only ten years left of that mortgage and pretty awesome to see the principle actually dropping a fair amount each month though.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Renting isn't for everybody - but it can lead to some level of financial independance that doesn't rely on the stock market or the government.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well, as expected ..

They brought in a home inspector (Mind you the home is less than 6 years old ) and he was able to find a laundry list of things too numerous to mention ..

They sent the list me me ,and I said, take it or leave it so, again we wait ..

couple of the things on the list were plain laughable , gut feeling ..deal is dead

I'm going to take it off the market if so, spend couple weeks in warm weather on vacation this winter in my home

I have 3 weeks coming , try again in the spring with a different agent ..

If you are a realtor, send me a pm ..I'd like to ask some really honest questions of someone close enough to the profession to give me advice of where I have gone wrong with picking one in the area

This to shall pass, breathe deep ..relax
                    Last edited by BigDad; October 16, 2012, 08:26 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

When we sold Grandma's house " as is" the fools still demanded a laundry list of stuff to do...since we were on the brink of Medicaid taking it for Grandma's nursing home care, we had no choice but to sell and do all that...

Comment

After 9 + months of trying

I signed a contract on my home / shop in Texas

The end result is no where near what I wanted but, at least someone wanted it for the shop

I hope I don't jinx the deal by annoucing it , but I was about ready to take it off the market anyway and try again in the spring

Never thought it would be that hard to sell a nice / new Home and shop ..Beagle seen it ,he can attest to how nice it was

Oh well, life goes one ..

Next place I build will be a SHOP / home ..instead
                        The problem is the banks making it difficult for anyone to get a home loan. Which is funny because in 2006, the only thing you needed was a job and a heartbeat.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well, as expected ..

They brought in a home inspector (Mind you the home is less than 6 years old ) and he was able to find a laundry list of things too numerous to mention ..

They sent the list me me ,and I said, take it or leave it so, again we wait ..

couple of the things on the list were plain laughable , gut feeling ..deal is dead
                          Home inspectors around here are typically a joke, every now and then they might come up with a real issue but other then that they just try to make the list as long as possible to justify their fee.
                          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I know a fellow in the business. His biggest complaint is that he catches tons of crap from realtors and brokers who want him to dummy up reports, sometimes much better, sometimes much worse depending on who is buying and selling. He won't play, so he loses some jobs, but more than makes up for it with people who actually want an honest inspection done. Reputation and like that. Some home inspectors are dishonest, and some have little idea what they are doing, they just know how to write the reports and talk the lingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                              The problem is the banks making it difficult for anyone to get a home loan. Which is funny because in 2006, the only thing you needed was a job and a heartbeat.
                              I think the problem now is that in 2006 you didn't really need a job to get the loan.......

Comment

Working...
                              X