The Art Of Manliness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Art Of Manliness

I stumbled over this we site today. It has been keeping me entertained for a while. Lots of cool old timey manly kinda things to read and look at.

I think most of you would enjoy it...check it out

The Art of Manliness provides useful, actionable, no-fluff content to help men become better men in all areas of their life.

The manly skills section has been my favorite thus far....grooming is entertaining as well.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

the title is strange.
    an inferiority syndrome something.

words from roosevelt as ART of Manliness?

it is just goofy titled, cool site.
    glanced over flag folding..brought me back to cub scout days.
    I did that for some ceremony, can't even remember..I think it was war veteran something...I was a little kid.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 16, 2012, 09:49 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I dont think it is strange or goofy at all, most of the stuff on the site has been lost to time and apathy and being able to do many of the things listed is becoming a lost art. Being a man by vintage definitions does not only include having "man parts" it involves doing/knowing things mentioned on this web site. Men today are nothing more than soft, lazy, apathetic boys. This should be mandatory reading in JR high now....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I love that site. Try to visit at least once a week.

Comment

Amen Joe. Thanks for the site.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

GREAT link Joe, thanks!

I got immediately absorbed into the piece about "Hustling." So much truth there, so much. I'm reading that thinking, "GYAH!" Of course, sure! There it is, but I just haven't seen that written down in steps before.

When I was vibrantly hustling years ago, I didn't KNOW I has "hustling," as laid out in that great piece of writing. All I thought I knew at the time was that I was doing all I could to get AWAY from something. I had no idea I was working TOWARD something. Amazing how it all works out.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

it seems being lost about manliness needs a military.

one way or another there is going to be one kickass fight eventually.

and seriously, there is no art to manliness...

art follows.

take the french out of that sight and find headlamps aren't flush mounted for a realistic reason.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Great site. Convinced me to pester Grandma for my Grandpa's double edged razor. Found out I loved it. Still would use it daily but haven't mowed the face since September 2nd.
                Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Not everything is a lost art, but some things are lost to most people. They just dont have a need to know how, most never have the requirement to know how, but when they do they end up paying someone who did.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                  X