Crazy stuff you have seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy stuff you have seen

Yesterday, waiting for my bus, the sound of an ambulence siren signalling an approaching emergency vehicle rings out, just as Stupid Girl on Cell Phone steps off the curb to cross the street. She gets out to the lane where the ambulance is approaching with siren blaring about 10 feet away, that is when she noticed it! she also did not notice the light had changed to favor the ambulence BEFORE she stepped off the curb. So now she is positioned in front of the Ambulance right fender, does she back up and let it pass? NO! She puts her hand out and does Stupid Girl on Cell Phone cutesy run in front of it! Dolt.

I wanted to shake her and the rest of the people waiting for buses did too!
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

She almost didn't have to wait very long to see a health care professional -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Two or three times a week my wife and I compare "stupid people" stories when we get home from work. I'm convinced that alot of people think crosswalks are some kind of magic forcefeild and those two painted lines will keep them from getting thair ass run over.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Oh, that explains it then...
        I was coming upon a crosswalk..still half block away when a trim female (not lady!) crossed...
        No problem... BUT the kid in the delivery van approaching from the other direction didn't see her... She NEVER LOOKED his way.. He slammed on his brakes and swerved away... She never broke stride... If he did not brake and swerve, no doubt I'd see her FLY! It was thatclose!

People abuse crosswalks! ... Sometimes these new laws are needed, but this one in the majority of the time is abused...
        Perfectly healthy teens that can stop and wait till there is a break, just walk thru expecting a car to stop.. Shameful..
        But then there is the walker lady or wheelchair kid who has to wait forever till people stop so they can cross
        Last edited by Deaf Bob; October 16, 2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Now let's talk about morons on bicycles who believe that because the law is on their side, they can do plenty of stupid stuff in traffic. They keep forgetting about the laws of physics - especially the one about Mass X Velocity = YOU LOSE!
          Last edited by studemax; October 16, 2012, 04:45 PM.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Like my Dad used to tell me, Being right won't do you a lot of good when your lying in a hospital bed.
            "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

It must be filtering over from Korea. In that country if you look at the drivers while crossing the street, you are going to get hit. What you do is you simply start walking looking straight ahead, and they all stop for you. Turn to look at one and he will drive over you. Its nuts. In Germany doing that will get you hit and a huge ticket. In the Persian Gulf region, you really dont want to be walking anywhere. Traffic laws in the desert are more like suggestions, and not very firm ones at that.

People think that cell phone conversation is the most important thing in the world. Nothing else matters to them, and they are the most important person to ever walk the face of the earth. Then its rude to interrupt them or cause them even the most trivial inconvenience.

Others seem to assume there is nobody else in the world so they can do what they like and everyone else has to live according to them. Most of the idiots up here are driving. Like the people in such a hurry to get going they whip out nearly running into you, then they go 40mph in a 55 for 7 miles into town. It has happened so many times I get aggressive with them now. Its only one stretch of highway up here. I think there needs to be a dash cam in the car so I can show the idiocy, make them famous on youtube so they realize what they are doing.

Comment

Ahhh the whip in front and putter along when there is not a damn car behind you?
                Or the one that passes you then slows down...
                It gets really dicey sometimes when I am loaded down with a car/trailer and supplies or a load of wood in the 2 ton tange or more
                Gollee. Some people see a small space and just flip into it, nevermind I'm speeding...
                Rant over!

Comment

Give people a cell phone and they get stupid really quick!
                  -Bobby-

Comment

I especially love the ones that have to STOP, then turn into a driveway.... WTF? REALLY?

Cell phones just make stoopid people stooopider I'm afraid - at this rate the average IQ in the US will be single digits in 10 years.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I HATE my cell phone! It is from my work and when it rings it is always a problem! My daughter texts me where she is so that is good but otherwise ick!
                      One thing I never answer it while driving or sometimes even while lounging at home because I cannot find it...I mean it lights up, makes noise and vibrates and I cannot find it...so I just check it once in a while to see what it has been up to.
                      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

It's the EMFs emitting by the phone. It shuts off the self preservation part of the brain at the same time giving the user the false sense they are surrounded by a protective shield.

Craziest thing I've seen in a cross walk happened when I was a cab driver. I saw this guy walking along and just knew by how he looked that he wasnt going make it across the street, pale, sweaty, deathly. He dropped right in ffont of my cab. People just ignored him. Too busy getting their lunch. I jumped.out and was doung my best to do cpr on the guy. Still no one stopped. I grabbed this lady by the ankle and screamed at her to call.my dispatcher on the radio to get an ambulance there. She kicked me away and kept walking. The guy behind her called her a selfish bitch and jumpedin my cab to call. I think he was.directing traffic around my car until the ambulance, fire and police showed. Which I think they all showed at the same time. The EMT's immediately took over, before even asking what happened. A couple minutes later they tossed him on a gurney and took him away.

The cops were.taking the report when the adrenaline kicked in so bad I couldnt stand, or walk, or even drive. I sat in my cab for a hour before the shakes stopped. Dont know if that guy lived or died.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

craziest thing..
                          someone dropping dead in front of you is quite bizarre.

the crosswalk thing. this is where someone with 1000 acres and a tree creak at night as the loudest neighborhood noise comes to the big giant huge city of bangor in the 12 foot high blind siding pickup...

...and stops at a green light to wave a walker on while there is a lane on the other side of him clipping along at 40mph waiting to blindly crush the skull of that innocent old lady..coming around the corner of the skyscraper of pickup truck into traffic that can't see.

thanks country bumpkin...but keep the friendliness at home. J walkers is an offense. I wonder if you ask innocent people to smoke drugs while smiling too?

not everyone stops and goes in your kingdom at the wave of your hand.

not long ago, some woman was outside pretending to be emotional (tweakers house). cops showed up, all quiet..a dead body hualed out to the street and then into a hearse.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 17, 2012, 01:50 PM.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Back in the 80s my boss dropped dead on the dancefloor at a Christmas party. I was maybe 20 feet away from him.

Comment

Working...
                            X