Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autocrossing my Javelin for the first time on Saturday in Portland, OR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocrossing my Javelin for the first time on Saturday in Portland, OR...

I am autocrossing my 1973 AMC Javelin for the first time this Saturday (10/20). It's at Portland International Raceway in Portland, OR if anybody is near and wants to watch (free to watch). I'm an instructor and can give rides, too.

I have been autocrossing for 5 years and won 3 Season Championships, but I've never done it in my AMC. I have autocrossed a P71 Crown Vic before, but the leaf-sprung Javelin will be a new one for me.

It's on 285 Kuhmo V710 racing slicks, so I should have some grip. The motor is the original 360/4Bbl and it has a 727 TF, too bad the rear is a 2.87 open.

Anyway, it should be a fun time. Figured I'd post in case any Bang Shifters were around PDX and wanted to hang out.
    Michael Pinto

1973 AMC Javelin / 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix / 2006 Mazda5

I wish, but I've been out of town for 5 of the last 7 days and the MIL is coming in 12 days - so must make things all purdy and shiny (and lock the shop).
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      I wish, but I've been out of town for 5 of the last 7 days and the MIL is coming in 12 days - so must make things all purdy and shiny (and lock the shop).
      And stay out of it... Nothing as classless as a dirty grease monkey masquading as a lawyer..

Comment

You should come race at one next season Buick Guy! (And you, too, Bob. We can invade them with American V8's!)
        Michael Pinto

1973 AMC Javelin / 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix / 2006 Mazda5

Comment

That sounds like fun!
          Hmmm what would be a good car for that? Sway barred Impala?
          Whatever I drive... Needs big entrance/exit.

Comment

Working...
          X