congrats on your new gig Mr Lohnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• congrats on your new gig Mr Lohnes

voice of the ECTA - congrats, now you get to see even more cool stuff throughout the year
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Watch Deese Bastaards burn them tyyes !
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Charles, I am looking forward to it!

Big - I'd mock a South Dakota accent but I have no freaking idea what that is. Wicked Pissah!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It's the midwest non accent. Try immitating me.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
          Thanks Charles, I am looking forward to it!

Big - I'd mock a South Dakota accent but I have no freaking idea what that is. Wicked Pissah!
          Just throw in a "Don't ya know" after every few sentences........

Comment

...in this economy

Comment

Yeah, you betcha.....
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                It's the midwest non accent. Try immitating me.
                Exactly, given that I lived in SD I can verify that.
                I'm still learning

Comment

After all of the soul-soaking Brian's had in drag racing, I wonder how long Brian will let himself last with ECTA. Yeah, it's sure exciting being in the car. And there are sure some DAY-UM FAST cars going by on the track. But not all, from a spectator's standpoint.

Here's Brian on the mic: "The next entrant is on an electric motorcycle! Here he goes! He's going. He's....still going. Look at this folks, let's hope he can slow down enough to make the first turnout."
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The fact I am most looking forward to is the pace and the information I can give to fans. That's the huge appeal of this to me.

Comment

The fact I am most looking forward to is the pace and the information I can give to fans. That's the huge appeal of this to me.
                      Let me say this, and I mean it: From a fan's standpoint, do what you can to broadcast to EVERYBODY showing up for the show, they need a CB radio set on Channel 1. Without that...you don't know what's going on if you're a fan wandering around.

Edit: There should be a be an overall PA system for folks who want to know what's going on. There are pockets of places where you can hear what the announcer is saying, most importantly the speed in the trap.

It depends upon where you're standing. In a mile-long venue, that would be a challenge. I could design it, but it would take thousands of dollars worth of cables alone, and then some amplifiers sheltered from the weather, with AC power to them from somewhere of course. Might not be feasible.
                      Last edited by pdub; October 19, 2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Blah, blah blah. This guy can drink beer like there's no tomorrow. And that alone makes me want to listen to him.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          Blah, blah blah. This guy can drink beer like there's no tomorrow. And that alone makes me want to listen to him.
                          No matter Bob, you can't HEAR him at the track. Let's don't tell him that yet.

Comment

You got it PDub!
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

PeeWee....you will in 2013. We've come up with a solution that Keith, Tonya, Donna, and Joe will announce when they want to. Anyone in the place will be able to hear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X